XBOX FAMILY GOLD Discontinued!!!???

#71TinyTim123Posted 8/18/2013 5:13:52 PM
ssj954vegito posted...
How the hell is this stupid argument still going? One account having gold gives everyone on the console gold.

That's the operative word "console". We have the family plan, myself, my brother, his girlfriend and Fran. Of those four people, we have three separate 360s. I am part of the Family plan literally so that I can play with my family. I have only three people on my friends list, and two of those are on our family plan.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#72ssj954vegitoPosted 8/18/2013 6:33:24 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
ssj954vegito posted...
How the hell is this stupid argument still going? One account having gold gives everyone on the console gold.

That's the operative word "console". We have the family plan, myself, my brother, his girlfriend and Fran. Of those four people, we have three separate 360s. I am part of the Family plan literally so that I can play with my family. I have only three people on my friends list, and two of those are on our family plan.

I see the dilemma, but around christmas 12month [or even 12+1-3month cards] go on sale for only $40, I can't really speak for anyone's financial standings, but if it's only yearly, surely you guys could save an extra 20 for 3 cards? I've never really used the family share plan so I am unaware of the usual standing of where everyone is physically in the family plan.
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#73TinyTim123Posted 8/18/2013 7:11:32 PM
ssj954vegito posted...
I see the dilemma, but around christmas 12month [or even 12+1-3month cards] go on sale for only $40, I can't really speak for anyone's financial standings, but if it's only yearly, surely you guys could save an extra 20 for 3 cards? I've never really used the family share plan so I am unaware of the usual standing of where everyone is physically in the family plan.

Left to my own devices, I really don't see the point of having XBox Live Gold. Like I said, three people on my friends list, and I use none of the extra stuff that comes with gold, I don't use Netflix and I certainly won't skype on my XBox One. I'd rather just go without than spend $40 to $60 on something I just wont use.
It's just dumb to cancel something that benefits people like us. Fran will buy her own Live sub, I'm sure, and so wil my brother, but I probably won't, so Microsoft is actually hurting themselves by doing this more than me.
It's just really annoying that they are doing it. Why?

So really, while I can afford Gold, and a new console, I;m just gonna not get Gold when our plan expires. It's not worth it, and since my TV and 360 are already at my brother's, when I want to play a multiplayer game, we'll just use one TV instead of two in the same house.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#74TightNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 8:38:48 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
ssj954vegito posted...

Left to my own devices, I really don't see the point of having XBox Live Gold. Like I said, three people on my friends list, and I use none of the extra stuff that comes with gold, I don't use Netflix and I certainly won't skype on my XBox One. I'd rather just go without than spend $40 to $60 on something I just wont use.
It's just dumb to cancel something that benefits people like us. Fran will buy her own Live sub, I'm sure, and so wil my brother, but I probably won't, so Microsoft is actually hurting themselves by doing this more than me.
It's just really annoying that they are doing it. Why?

So really, while I can afford Gold, and a new console, I;m just gonna not get Gold when our plan expires. It's not worth it, and since my TV and 360 are already at my brother's, when I want to play a multiplayer game, we'll just use one TV instead of two in the same house.

^ They are doing it because they are greedy. Family Gold was supposed to be a discount option...not to mention the paying for Xbox Live itself is a ripoff since most of the connections are peer to peer.
---
GOD PWNS ALL!!!!!!!!
PS One Cloud = awesome Xbox One Cloud
#75DamnEvilDogPosted 8/18/2013 9:15:47 PM
The family plan was to give gold to people who are on one console, you can recover your gamer tag on other consoles and still have gold though,

Microsoft probably ended because of people that were NOT family and not even living in the same house were exploiting it.

Right now Microsoft did something much better in my opinion, you have one account with gold then every other account on there has gold.

Might sound like greed since it is not benefiting you the way you would like to, but Microsoft is a company and is trying to make money, I think it really is nice that one Xbox One has gold for everyone though.
#76ShadonicPosted 8/19/2013 4:26:06 AM
it got discontinued months ago, and the whole idea behind it was so that a family living together could all have gold for a reduced price, not so that people could share it around and skimp from paying full price for the service.

another boon here is that this means the end of troll accounts, if you want to make up a new name and go pull **** on people you n ow have to donate a trial or buy a 30 day timecard to do it, rather than making up new GT on the family set.
---
Gah! My 0's fallen off! has anyone seen it?
#77Re7elaTioNPosted 8/19/2013 8:40:16 AM
Wow. This is really quite horrible news for 360 owners that used the Family Plan. I was planning on staying with the 360 and Gold after buying a PS4 and PS+, but after seeing how horrible they are treating existing customers, I may cancel my Gold account altogether just to remove one more pay stream from their greedy wallets.
---
"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought."
#78Exodus_PrimePosted 8/19/2013 8:45:46 AM
OH no whatever will I do....can't believe this thing is still going...
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#79Re7elaTioNPosted 8/19/2013 8:56:46 AM(edited)
DamnEvilDog posted...
Microsoft probably ended because of people that were NOT family and not even living in the same house were exploiting it.

Might sound like greed since it is not benefiting you the way you would like to, but Microsoft is a company and is trying to make money, I think it really is nice that one Xbox One has gold for everyone though.

Shadonic posted...
it got discontinued months ago, and the whole idea behind it was so that a family living together could all have gold for a reduced price, not so that people could share it around and skimp from paying full price for the service.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/15/ps4s-playstation-plus-memberships-will-net-sony-1-2-billion-by-2017-says-analysts/

“In contrast, Microsoft Xbox Live users, who only have access to online multiplayer gaming through Gold accounts, spent nine times as much – $1.25 billion – on service subscriptions in 2012,” the statement continues.

Yup. Looks like all those Family accounts getting shared are really hurting MS. Ouch. How could the execs live with numbers like that? I shutter to think of the lifestyle they've been reduced to. I can clearly see why they'd want to shaft all the 360 users like they have. Completely justified.
---
"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought."
#80ILikesCheesePosted 8/21/2013 6:01:29 AM(edited)
DamnEvilDog posted...
The family plan was to give gold to people who are on one console, you can recover your gamer tag on other consoles and still have gold though,

Right now Microsoft did something much better in my opinion, you have one account with gold then every other account on there has gold.

I think it really is nice that one Xbox One has gold for everyone though.

Your failure in basic logic is OUTSTANDING!

Four Accounts with Gold on FOUR different consoles for less than the cost of TWO subscriptions

VS

Any number of Accounts with Gold on just ONE console. (On the Xbox One ONLY, not the 360.)

Conclusion: Having FOUR accounts on FOUR consoles is preferable to just ONE any day of the week. The Family Plan was miles better than the new Xbox One version of Gold Accounts.

Furthermore, this "Microsoft is a company just trying to make money" argument is so inane. It can easily be countered with "I'm just a customer trying to SAVE money!"
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?