Name ONE SINGLE SOLITARY good thing about the 24 hour online check in

#1GalvatronType_RPosted 8/14/2013 3:14:15 PM
Some people say that the 24 hour check in would have been a good thing for gamers if Microsoft had "marketed" or "spun" it better.

I've racked my considerable brain power and I can't think of one advantage for the gamer around being required to check in once a day online. I personally don't like the idea of being treated like a criminal, having MS act as a parole officer by requiring me to "call" them once a day and allow them to scan my console for used games, as well as give them the right to brick my legally bought console and software at their whim.

So I reiterate:name one advantage to the consumer by allowing MS to get away with a mandatory 24 hour check in.
#2Exodus_PrimePosted 8/14/2013 3:16:27 PM
It's gone...done away with...let it go man let it go...
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#3ElPolloDiablo87Posted 8/14/2013 3:16:52 PM
It would have ensured that everyone using the console had a broadband internet connection, giving devs a more unified platform and allowing cloud processing support on every game.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#4vmufanPosted 8/14/2013 3:19:47 PM
GalvatronType_R posted...
Some people say that the 24 hour check in would have been a good thing for gamers if Microsoft had "marketed" or "spun" it better.

I've racked my considerable brain power and I can't think of one advantage for the gamer around being required to check in once a day online. I personally don't like the idea of being treated like a criminal, having MS act as a parole officer by requiring me to "call" them once a day and allow them to scan my console for used games, as well as give them the right to brick my legally bought console and software at their whim.

So I reiterate:name one advantage to the consumer by allowing MS to get away with a mandatory 24 hour check in.

24 hrs check-in would have only affected players with modded or pirated software.

Advantage to you if you are not thieving software, better development teams and lower prices.
---
NOW LOADING SIGNATURE...
#5SupaflyGibsonPosted 8/14/2013 3:20:02 PM
GalvatronType_R posted...

To ultimately do away with hard copies of games I imagine, which would lead to steam like sales?
---
gt: For Spartaa
#6FISTY919Posted 8/14/2013 3:21:22 PM
Free games.
#7Ramsus082Posted 8/14/2013 3:21:53 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
It would have ensured that everyone using the console had a broadband internet connection, giving devs a more unified platform and allowing cloud processing support on every game.

You need a broadband connection just to signup for Xbox Live. You certainly need one to play games online of any type.
#8RickTheDrummistPosted 8/14/2013 3:22:53 PM
Name one good thing about the 24 hour check in?

10 Person Family Game Share is the first thing that pops into my mind.
---
Intellectum Valde Amat
#9stekim40Posted 8/14/2013 3:23:25 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...

and many hundreds of thousand people wouldn't be able to buy one as they have no home internet.

Currently in the uk 17% of people don't have home internet, even in our small country 17% of 61 million is a LOT of potential lost customers.
---
With Kinect you are the tool, Microsoft's tool. Now dance puppet, dance!
#10rincewind1990Posted 8/14/2013 3:23:32 PM
vmufan posted...
24 hrs check-in would have only affected players with modded or pirated software.

Advantage to you if you are not thieving software, better development teams and lower prices.

No... it would have affected anyone who lost their internet connection for more than 24 hrs not just pirates or modders.