Who here has a gaming PC and is still buying this?

#1SnoicFactorPosted 8/14/2013 11:02:14 PM
if so, why?
---
nt
#2RedFive3Posted 8/14/2013 11:04:37 PM
Because I can't play the X1 exclusives on PC, and I prefer to play online on consoles.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#3Cyber Akuma ZeroPosted 8/14/2013 11:04:58 PM
Just built a gaming PC last Dec.

And for exclusives and to play with friends..... about 3 or so years after launch.

You never said buying this at launch :P
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
#4Juvart24Posted 8/14/2013 11:07:35 PM
Once they junk the Kinect. To play with friends.
---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
#5FeatherwindPosted 8/15/2013 1:50:33 AM(edited)
I might have bought it but now I see they are focusing even less on the Kinect. Based on their first reveal the Kinect seemed like the main point of the console, in E3 it was sorely neglected and now again they show less Kinect focus. If I remember correctly they forced the Kinect so that developers could be sure everyone was using one and thus have a better opportunity to develop games for it. I checked out some of the games for the original Kinect and they seem to be pretty limited and some of them don't seem too serious. Gunstringer IP was cool but the game was really short and limited - I'd love to see the revival of on-the-rails games but this just wasn't that great and I was able to complete it during a single short visit to my friend.

If the Xbox One would focus on split screen and co-op I also would buy it but as far I've seen it's not going to do that either. The Xbox 360 was already pretty much like a really bad PC and while the Xbox One seemed to go a different route first (Kinect) it too now tries to be a bad PC it seems. The PS4 is already a bad PC but is probably better at being one than the Xbox One and I don't see how Xbox One can win vs. it on that front. The pointless exclusive "blackmail" doesn't impress (in fact it is really annoying) and in my opinion they should have spent that money on something different like bringing back good split screen or Kinect games.
#6VanderZooPosted 8/15/2013 1:58:32 AM
I prefer console gaming (controller, couch, HDTV). And the TV and voice activation stuff I like. I like that I can just walk in and say "Xbox on, Xbox TV, Xbox back to game" etc. That's really cool. And it basically gives me a reason to always have my Xbox on, whether it's TV, movies, games, internet, I'd do it all through Xbox.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#7FoppePosted 8/15/2013 2:07:10 AM
VanderZoo posted...
I prefer console gaming (controller, couch, HDTV). And the TV and voice activation stuff I like.

I used to play Quake 1 on my TV, with a controller while sitting on my couch when it was a new game.
And Windows Speech Recognition Macros is free.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#82ndAtomiskPosted 8/15/2013 2:29:45 AM
The only PC game I'm really waiting for at the moment is Blade & Soul. There hasn't even been any news on an English CBT so who knows when I'll ever get a chance to play it. X1 in the meantime.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#9pigman2003Posted 8/15/2013 2:33:00 AM
RedFive3 posted...
Because I can't play the X1 exclusives on PC, and I prefer to play online on consoles.

^this in a nutshell
#10FeatherwindPosted 8/15/2013 2:46:30 AM
pigman2003 posted...
RedFive3 posted...

^this in a nutshell

Do note that there is really no reason for most of the Xbox One exclusives exclusivity. Most of them are "generic" games such as Halo, DR3 or Forza that could just as well be on the PC or the PS4. If the exclusivity blackmail was not viable they wouldn't be exclusive - them being exclusive is actually a reason to not support the "Xbox One package" as these deals don't really help anyone and are "irrational". Even if the (current) Xbox One failed for example the interest in Halo or Forza wouldn't go anywhere. Failure to realize this seems to be the problem with MS's marketing - anyone could pay Activision for CoD DLC exclusivity for example but it actually does nothing to justify the existence of the Xbox One!