Who here has a gaming PC and is still buying this?

#11LapanuiPosted 8/15/2013 3:56:07 AM
I enjoy console gaming... I still PC game from time to time. I also like collecting achievements on my 360 and will continue to do that on the X1.

I'm also getting a PS4, I will get the best of many worlds.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#12VanderZooPosted 8/15/2013 4:54:17 AM
Foppe posted...
VanderZoo posted...
I prefer console gaming (controller, couch, HDTV). And the TV and voice activation stuff I like.

I used to play Quake 1 on my TV, with a controller while sitting on my couch when it was a new game.
And Windows Speech Recognition Macros is free.

Cool. Consoles are still better for TV/lounge set-ups though, they're designed for it, PC's aren't. I need my PC on a desk, it's not practical or convenient for me to use it in the living room.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#13XtremeWRATH360Posted 8/15/2013 4:59:52 AM
VanderZoo posted...
Foppe posted...
VanderZoo posted...
I prefer console gaming (controller, couch, HDTV). And the TV and voice activation stuff I like.

I used to play Quake 1 on my TV, with a controller while sitting on my couch when it was a new game.

Cool. Consoles are still better for TV/lounge set-ups though, they're designed for it, PC's aren't. I need my PC on a desk, it's not practical or convenient for me to use it in the living room.

PCs are super easy to hook up to your TV, you're missing out.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#14jaytheultimatePosted 8/15/2013 5:31:29 AM
Have a gaming PC but still on the fence about which new console. I have been with Xbox since the first generation, I cannot say I'm too thrilled with what is on offer so far. Playstation, I have never owned one but have played on them plenty. Nintendo, I stopped caring after the N64.

As for why would I buy a new console as well as gaming on PC... Why the hell not! I can afford such things. If the Xbox One comes out with a no kinect bundle I might but one. If not then a PS4 will do fine. Though if they force a stupid motion peripheral on the Playstation, it will be PC gaming all the way. Motion controls, in my opinion, do not belong in gaming.
---
(X) Northwind Supra - Console and PC gamer
(V) (;,,;) (V) Zoidberg FTW
#15VanderZooPosted 8/15/2013 5:53:44 AM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
Foppe posted...
VanderZoo posted...

PCs are super easy to hook up to your TV, you're missing out.

I disagree, I think they're a huge hassle, consoles are super easy, they're plug and play, controller support for all games, no windows, they have simple UI's designed for big screen TV's being viewed at long distances and are designed for use with a controller, and they're about 1/8th the size of a gaming PC, smaller and more portable so they fit in better.

Plus I use my PC for more than just games, mostly internet and word documents, I can't use it in the living room if other people want to watch TV. And there's the fact that I of course don't have a desk in front of my TV, making it more awkward to use KB/M properly.

Waste of time imo, if I want to play on the couch, that's precisely what a console is for.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#16SunDevil77Posted 8/15/2013 5:54:34 AM
Because I can and I want to. I don't love PC gaming as much as I thought I did when I built my PC
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#17pigman2003Posted 8/15/2013 5:56:32 AM
Featherwind posted...
pigman2003 posted...
RedFive3 posted...
Because I can't play the X1 exclusives on PC, and I prefer to play online on consoles.

^this in a nutshell

Do note that there is really no reason for most of the Xbox One exclusives exclusivity. Most of them are "generic" games such as Halo, DR3 or Forza that could just as well be on the PC or the PS4. If the exclusivity blackmail was not viable they wouldn't be exclusive - them being exclusive is actually a reason to not support the "Xbox One package" as these deals don't really help anyone and are "irrational". Even if the (current) Xbox One failed for example the interest in Halo or Forza wouldn't go anywhere. Failure to realize this seems to be the problem with MS's marketing - anyone could pay Activision for CoD DLC exclusivity for example but it actually does nothing to justify the existence of the Xbox One!

I would say that I don't know what your talking about but I don't think YOU know what your talking about. You also have a very odd definition of "generic". Halo, DR3, and Forza are at the top of their respective genres.

With your reasoning any exclusive could be anywhere so I shouldn't buy anything?
#18Top_BlokePosted 8/15/2013 5:59:09 AM
I prefer online gaming for consoles.
Like the exclusives on consoles.
And will enjoy the additional features the X1 brings beyond gaming.
#19FeatherwindPosted 8/15/2013 6:44:03 AM(edited)
pigman2003 posted...
I would say that I don't know what your talking about but I don't think YOU know what your talking about. You also have a very odd definition of "generic". Halo, DR3, and Forza are at the top of their respective genres.

With your reasoning any exclusive could be anywhere so I shouldn't buy anything?

With "generic" I mean a game that is controlled, displayed etc. in a very standard way. For example Wii Sports would not be a generic game as it is strongly connected to the unique controls of the Wii and Sonic Free Riders is also not a generic game as it is built around the Kinect and the board thing. While Wii Sports can be emulated on the PC the experience is undeniably different. Halo for example is generic because it doesn't necessarily need anything specific to the Xbox to function - Halo on the PS4 would for all intents and purposes play identically. I'm sure there is a better word to describe what I mean and if someone tells me what it is I will use it in the future.

Thus there is a reasonable reason to not officially release Wii Sports on the other consoles (the game wouldn't work very well) but there is no "rational" reason to keep Halo exclusive (it would work on other platforms just as well). Keeping a RTS a PC exclusive might be reasonable as well if the game would be very hard to play without KB+M and so on.

The intent behind the exclusivity of these generic exclusive games is generally blackmail. For example people had to buy the Xbox 360 if they wanted to play Halo 3 even though in the past the Halo games had been on multiple platforms. I would love to see MS's reasoning as to how porting the next Halo to PS4 wouldn't be viable without taking into account the blackmail factor. In the distant past this could have been partly justified by the really weird hardware and smaller audiences making games on multiple platform unreasonably difficult but these days it is for the most part unacceptable.

What I meant was that there is no reason to support MS's (or anyone else's) exclusivity practices as they do not really benefit anyone and don't justify the existence of the consoles. There is really no reason why a game like The Last of Us couldn't be played on the PC or the Xbox 360 and it being exclusive doesn't really benefit gamers in any way. The result of this kind of competition is irrational as the gamers are limited and forced to buy multiple consoles without a good reason.
#20a687947Posted 8/15/2013 6:48:44 AM
i am because there are games that can only be played on xbox one