Who here has a gaming PC and is still buying this?

#41FeatherwindPosted 8/19/2013 2:42:59 PM(edited)
Fustmonkey posted...
Exactly. I was hoping somebody was going to comment on that load of garbage.

Featherwind posted...
I don't see the problem here. I did explain what I meant in my post and if you can suggest a better word for me to use then do so. But isn't it true that Halo is controlled and displayed in a very standard way and that differs from the non-standard/generic/whatever controls of games like Wii Sports and Sonic Free Riders? And that standard way of controls and display make it so that the experience is easily "translated" to other platforms such as the PS4 and PC while the Wii Sports experience for example is not. As Halo would work just as well on the PC and the PS + the interest in the IP is significant it would be viable to make it a multiplat if MS didn't intend to blackmail with it.

I still don't see why exactly the post is garbage. Could you please elaborate why exactly it is garbage? Read the rest of the topic - I tried to explain it further.
#42pigman2003Posted 8/19/2013 2:52:29 PM
Featherwind posted...
Fustmonkey posted...
Exactly. I was hoping somebody was going to comment on that load of garbage.

Featherwind posted...
I don't see the problem here. I did explain what I meant in my post and if you can suggest a better word for me to use then do so. But isn't it true that Halo is controlled and displayed in a very standard way and that differs from the non-standard/generic/whatever controls of games like Wii Sports and Sonic Free Riders? And that standard way of controls and display make it so that the experience is easily "translated" to other platforms such as the PS4 and PC while the Wii Sports experience for example is not. As Halo would work just as well on the PC and the PS + the interest in the IP is significant it would be viable to make it a multiplat if MS didn't intend to blackmail with it.

I still don't see why exactly the post is garbage. Could you please elaborate why exactly it is garbage? Read the rest of the topic - I tried to explain it further.

O.K then, shame on Sony for keeping Uncharted, the game could easily be translated to other consoles if Sony didn't black mail with it.

You can make that argument for ANY game that doesn't involve motion controls, Microsoft owns Halo, they are responsible for it's existence, they PAID to have it made and have the right to do what they want with it, they happen to want to use it to sell their console, EVERY company does this, Mario is possible on other platforms so why is Nintendo keeping it when it's so popular?

these are companies who don't owe you anything, the goal for EVERY company is to make money, Sony included, so outing Microsoft and Halo goes to show how ignorant you are.
#43regsantotomasPosted 8/19/2013 2:53:15 PM
It boils down to a very basic premise:

Whatever your choices, don't marginalize what other people prefer. They don't have to justify their gaming choices to you: PS4, Xbox One, PC, or any other console or combination out there.

Whether you agree, understand, or not is quite irrelevant. People do not seek nor require your approval.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#44FeatherwindPosted 8/19/2013 3:21:49 PM(edited)
pigman2003 posted...
O.K then, shame on Sony for keeping Uncharted, the game could easily be translated to other consoles if Sony didn't black mail with it.

You can make that argument for ANY game that doesn't involve motion controls, Microsoft owns Halo, they are responsible for it's existence, they PAID to have it made and have the right to do what they want with it, they happen to want to use it to sell their console, EVERY company does this, Mario is possible on other platforms so why is Nintendo keeping it when it's so popular?

these are companies who don't owe you anything, the goal for EVERY company is to make money, Sony included, so outing Microsoft and Halo goes to show how ignorant you are.

Where in my post did I suggest I was endorsing Sony? I get that trying to "defend" the Xbox One can be a thankless job but thinking everyone who opposes MS's practices is a Sony fanboy will not really get you anywhere. But most importantly assuming that I'm a Sony fan does not make my posts garbage - if you think I am a Sony fanboy then calling me a Pony would be a more accurate criticism.

Last gen Sony tried to blackmail with an exclusive I personally cared about - MGS. I enjoyed MGS2 on the original Xbox and there was indeed no reason why MGS3 couldn't have been on the Xbox 360 and the PC.

Right now Sony doesn't blackmail with exclusives as much as MS does - they have now focused on the box itself. Perhaps last gen they had to try all these shady tactics because their box was seen as overpriced and not as appealing as the Xbox 360. Right now MS tries to use these questionable tactics to make people buy the Xbox One not for the console itself but for the exclusives. But yes Uncharted should be on both the Xbox One and the PC.

Nintendo certainly does it too but it at least tries to use the unique features of their consoles as an excuse to keep their games exclusive. Also if you don't want to use their consoles you can emulate the games which is a good option - the Wii features and the portability of the DS are certainly something but if you don't mind the lack of those you can still play the games. Their actions will become a problem if they go for DRM.

The gaming companies exist for gamers and exclusives & DRM are irrational as they do not help gamers in any way. The best way for companies to make money should also be the best for gamers - if limiting gamers is the best way for them to make money there is a problem. The interest in the game Halo would not be affected if it was ported and as there is a significant interest in the game porting it would be economically viable if it wasn't for the blackmail factor.
#45ssj954vegitoPosted 8/19/2013 4:34:19 PM
*raises hand*
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#46GundamBansheeFAPosted 8/19/2013 4:43:00 PM
Because console gaming has a different feel to pc gaming.
#47Jacob46719Posted 8/19/2013 4:44:56 PM
oh look this topic again.

who has A but is buying B?

X game who's buying??????

Who is buying A?
---
Buying These: Mario 3D World, WWHD, SSB4, SSB4, MK8, Watch Dogs, CoD: Ghosts, Pokemon Y, Zelda: ALBW, X
May Buy These: PS4, Infamous: SS, Destiny, ESO
#48MRL3G3NDPosted 8/21/2013 1:04:42 PM
when you say exclusives I am not remotely interested in them at this point
I never got into dead rising....and I cannot use my wheel and chair for forza 5...never ever played 1 killzone...they completely half assed killer instinct

I'm not in a rush to drop $750 on the latest greatest nothing

lol Plus ARMA 3 is due next month...check my sig if you haven't a clue what that is
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q