Anyone here live in one of the delayed areas?

#11peephole303(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 1:56:08 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Has MS given a reason for the delay?

"While we wish we could launch Xbox One simultaneously in these markets, there are many factors that determine the timing of specific market launches. This includes work to localize the Xbox One dash, incorporate additional voice and languages, and build partnerships to bring apps and meaningful local content to each country."

Meaning either they really havent done a good job working on this for the past few years....... or they just dont want to tell you
#12KimppisPosted 8/15/2013 2:15:10 AM
I'm from Finland. I don't really care about the delay, because I have ps4 pre-ordered. I'll get Xbone later, maybe.

This delay could be a good thing if they actually bring some content here this time around. On Xbox 360 we got netflix like a year ago (before that I had no idea wtf that thing even was when I read American comments online) and that plus game marketplace that's pretty all we have. Other than netflix, no movies, no music, no tv. And I don't really care though, because I don't watch tv or movies regularly.

It seems that Xbox One's UI and especially kinect 2.0 is going to be translated into Finnish this time around, which is going to be... odd... "Xbox plle! (Xbox on!)" Lol... It just that in Scandinavia English-proficiency is VERY high... and that is especially strange in the case of Finland, as Finnish is very different from English... it's like Chinese (not really) or something. :P Games in English here? Check, even though some games (especially on the ps3) get translated more often nowdays. Movies subtitled, not dubbed? Check. English being taught in schools from early age? Check.

And there is PAL-release anyway, so you can easily import it from the UK or something if you really need it immediately.
---
XBL: Kimppis --- PSN: Kimmo_DSP --- 3DS FC: 0404-6309-7218
http://www.backloggery.com/kimppis
#13hrjPosted 8/15/2013 2:47:27 AM
jjordan0002 posted...
hrj posted...
Im from Denmark.
Microsoft gave my country the finger so Im giving them one back.

ou had no plans on getting an Xbox One your a Sony Pony. Move along...

I had the original Xbox since launch.
I had an xbox360 since launch and been a gold member for 7 years.
You were saying?
Move along.
---
PSN/GT - Hennaboy
#14hrjPosted 8/15/2013 3:01:50 AM
jjordan0002 posted...
hrj posted...
Im from Denmark.
Microsoft gave my country the finger so Im giving them one back.

ou had no plans on getting an Xbox One your a Sony Pony. Move along...

Also you can clearly see my gamertag and PSN id in my sig. Feel free to check it out.
You only have a gamertag there little one.
Whos the fanboy here hmmm.
---
PSN/GT - Hennaboy
#15kingofjamaicaPosted 8/15/2013 4:10:27 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Has MS given a reason for the delay?

Given that they STILL haven't finalized hardware specs, they can't possibly be manufacturing yet. Which means they are well behind schedule and will be moving those units from the delay countries to countries they think actually matter.

I imagine 80% of the units are diverted to the US.

Basically, MS ****** up and to cover their asses they decided to limit their launch window.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#16pigman2003Posted 8/15/2013 4:12:46 AM
I wish they would delay the PS4 in the U.S until they bring Gakai with it as well as some better games.
#17ADGeistPosted 8/15/2013 4:44:22 AM
pigman2003 posted...
I wish they would delay the PS4 in the U.S until they bring Gakai with it as well as some better games.

Why?