Anyone else find it weird that the PS4 is smaller and requires no brick?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anyone else find it weird that the PS4 is smaller and requires no brick?

User Info: Second_Hokage

Second_Hokage
3 years ago#1
And xbox one is bigger and needs a huge brick? I don't get it, is this a heat issue or is it because of kinect? I really though that bricks would be so last gen... i guess i'd have to put up with it.

User Info: peephole303

peephole303
3 years ago#2
not surprising when you see the amount of vents on the back of the PS4... its pretty much one Giant vent

User Info: TBONE_OG

TBONE_OG
3 years ago#3
MS has had heating issues in the past. Putting the brick in the console doesn't seem like a good idea, to be honest.

Hope the PS4 doesn't suffer from "internal brick".
Always O.G.

User Info: Ramsus082

Ramsus082
3 years ago#4
It's smaller, it's components are superior graphically, and there's no brick dangling from a power cord on the outside. It's extremely weird.

Three options here; Sony's engineers are superior, the XboxOne is being rushed, or Microsoft is worried enough about overheating again to the degree that they're playing it safe with a bulky design. Could be one of those, or a combination of them. Considering Forza5(first party dev) half-baked release, the last minute upclock to the GPU, and cutting their launch markets by over third, and it's likely that it's a little of everything.

User Info: HeavyLight

HeavyLight
3 years ago#5
the capability of the hardware makers
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789

User Info: doc1369

doc1369
3 years ago#6
Only on gamefaqs would someone complain about size. You guys smaking the sides of the mayonnaise jar already?
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.

User Info: Cereal4you

Cereal4you
3 years ago#7
Ramsus082 posted...
It's smaller, it's components are superior graphically, and there's no brick dangling from a power cord on the outside. It's extremely weird.

Three options here; Sony's engineers are superior, the XboxOne is being rushed, or Microsoft is worried enough about overheating again to the degree that they're playing it safe with a bulky design. Could be one of those, or a combination of them. Considering Forza5(first party dev) half-baked release, the last minute upclock to the GPU, and cutting their launch markets by over third, and it's likely that it's a little of everything.

Well i would say 3 and 1, MS lost alot of money with the RRoD issue and are playing it safe it seems, plus Sony is a Hardware company at heart so they have amazing engineer team.

But do i find it wierd Sony is small and requires no power brck like the TC asked? No I don't its a non issue.

User Info: VoidBeyond

VoidBeyond
3 years ago#8
Cereal4you posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

Well i would say 3 and 1, MS lost alot of money with the RRoD issue and are playing it safe it seems, plus Sony is a Hardware company at heart so they have amazing engineer team.

But do i find it wierd Sony is small and requires no power brck like the TC asked? No I don't its a non issue.

Like the other guy said, the thing is practically all vent.
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN Black2 FC: 2280 6133 3461

User Info: MrImpatient35

MrImpatient35
3 years ago#9
What Cereal said. That was my first thought months ago. Didn't know I was the only one.
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 are already a done deal!

User Info: HeavyLight

HeavyLight
3 years ago#10
also ps4 consumes less power than ps3 > no need external psu, less heat
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anyone else find it weird that the PS4 is smaller and requires no brick?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived