Anyone else find it weird that the PS4 is smaller and requires no brick?

#1Second_HokagePosted 8/15/2013 6:38:31 PM
And xbox one is bigger and needs a huge brick? I don't get it, is this a heat issue or is it because of kinect? I really though that bricks would be so last gen... i guess i'd have to put up with it.
#2peephole303Posted 8/15/2013 6:56:26 PM
not surprising when you see the amount of vents on the back of the PS4... its pretty much one Giant vent
#3TBONE_OGPosted 8/15/2013 7:04:21 PM
MS has had heating issues in the past. Putting the brick in the console doesn't seem like a good idea, to be honest.

Hope the PS4 doesn't suffer from "internal brick".
---
Always O.G.
#4Ramsus082Posted 8/15/2013 7:10:18 PM(edited)
It's smaller, it's components are superior graphically, and there's no brick dangling from a power cord on the outside. It's extremely weird.

Three options here; Sony's engineers are superior, the XboxOne is being rushed, or Microsoft is worried enough about overheating again to the degree that they're playing it safe with a bulky design. Could be one of those, or a combination of them. Considering Forza5(first party dev) half-baked release, the last minute upclock to the GPU, and cutting their launch markets by over third, and it's likely that it's a little of everything.
#5HeavyLightPosted 8/15/2013 7:12:19 PM
the capability of the hardware makers
---
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789
#6doc1369Posted 8/15/2013 7:12:58 PM
Only on gamefaqs would someone complain about size. You guys smaking the sides of the mayonnaise jar already?
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.
#7Cereal4youPosted 8/15/2013 7:13:34 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
It's smaller, it's components are superior graphically, and there's no brick dangling from a power cord on the outside. It's extremely weird.

Three options here; Sony's engineers are superior, the XboxOne is being rushed, or Microsoft is worried enough about overheating again to the degree that they're playing it safe with a bulky design. Could be one of those, or a combination of them. Considering Forza5(first party dev) half-baked release, the last minute upclock to the GPU, and cutting their launch markets by over third, and it's likely that it's a little of everything.

Well i would say 3 and 1, MS lost alot of money with the RRoD issue and are playing it safe it seems, plus Sony is a Hardware company at heart so they have amazing engineer team.

But do i find it wierd Sony is small and requires no power brck like the TC asked? No I don't its a non issue.
#8VoidBeyondPosted 8/15/2013 7:15:20 PM
Cereal4you posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

Well i would say 3 and 1, MS lost alot of money with the RRoD issue and are playing it safe it seems, plus Sony is a Hardware company at heart so they have amazing engineer team.

But do i find it wierd Sony is small and requires no power brck like the TC asked? No I don't its a non issue.

Like the other guy said, the thing is practically all vent.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN Black2 FC: 2280 6133 3461
#9MrImpatient35Posted 8/15/2013 7:15:29 PM
What Cereal said. That was my first thought months ago. Didn't know I was the only one.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 are already a done deal!
#10HeavyLightPosted 8/15/2013 7:16:18 PM
also ps4 consumes less power than ps3 > no need external psu, less heat
---
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789