CNBC: behind the 180 - Sony deserves credit

#1embrandedonePosted 8/16/2013 1:29:14 AM
As opposed to my usual blog linking, here is an article from a news outlet as more and more of the mainstream picks up on MS' 'leading from behind' strategy.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100965697?__source=yahoo%7Cfinance%7Cheadline%7Cheadline%7Cstory&par=yahoo&doc=100965697%7CXbox%20One:%20Behind%20Microsof

With gamescom coming up soon, be sure to stick around as we update you on any further developments. Over and out.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#2VioletZer0Posted 8/16/2013 1:31:56 AM
investors are trying to determine whether the Xbox team is scrambling to catch up or is simply showing a willingness to preemptively respond to market feedback

It doesn't take an expert to see it is the former.
#3SakenKarasuPosted 8/16/2013 1:46:44 AM
Don't get me wrong, I like that they shaping this console up to be better than what it was before.. but I just don't understand how many perceive some of this stuff

Microsoft's decisions early on set the Xbox One in the red, while Sony was in the green from the get-go.. now after several reversals people will go to say that the system only gets "better and better".. just because it's policies are changing back to the default policies we know?.

I'm sure Xbox One will sell well, but to say that it'll be neck and neck in terms of overall numbers (where the gap is just a few thousand) just seems like a stretch. Sony hasn't done anything to make people go "oh wait.. ill have to reconsider this" and it also plays in their favor that they have the cheaper price tag.
#4SilentS89Posted 8/16/2013 1:50:00 AM
SakenKarasu posted...
Don't get me wrong, I like that they shaping this console up to be better than what it was before.. but I just don't understand how many perceive some of this stuff

Microsoft's decisions early on set the Xbox One in the red, while Sony was in the green from the get-go.. now after several reversals people will go to say that the system only gets "better and better".. just because it's policies are changing back to the default policies we know?.

I'm sure Xbox One will sell well, but to say that it'll be neck and neck in terms of overall numbers (where the gap is just a few thousand) just seems like a stretch. Sony hasn't done anything to make people go "oh wait.. ill have to reconsider this" and it also plays in their favor that they have the cheaper price tag.

Microsoft had to be dragged kicking and screaming away from those early decisions.
#5HeavyLightPosted 8/16/2013 2:16:47 AM
region lock was indeed terrible i think
glad ms did the one-80
---
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789
#6MetroidFan9999Posted 8/16/2013 5:28:12 AM
God I don't understand these articles at all - first they only claim US numbers in their "30 month sales analysis", then they go on to talk about investors and how they feel in relation to that...and pretty much put on the "but what does it mean? I don't get it, and investors don't get it at all!" act, it is incredibly hilarious.

These people have absolutely no clue about the egg MS laid with this console, historical trends mean absolutely nothing to them, instead they think MS is some magical company that will always succeed because it is based in the US.
---
PS4 is better than Xbox One
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#7Ryan-06Posted 8/16/2013 6:21:57 AM
CNBC and CNET agree. MS sucks this time. Both are respected outlets. Deal with it.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada. US is meh..
#8bob15xPosted 8/16/2013 6:42:46 AM
SakenKarasu posted...

Not sure if Sony was in the green from the get go. It is possible they had the same type of drm setup and responded to the feedback the xbox one got. To me, it looks like Sony was letting MS make all the big decisions and they just adapted based on the response. This just shows that Sony is not a market leader and more of a coward because they did not want to take any heat for their decisions.
#9ejay8320Posted 8/16/2013 6:47:56 AM
bob15x posted...
SakenKarasu posted...

Not sure if Sony was in the green from the get go. It is possible they had the same type of drm setup and responded to the feedback the xbox one got. To me, it looks like Sony was letting MS make all the big decisions and they just adapted based on the response. This just shows that Sony is not a market leader and more of a coward because they did not want to take any heat for their decisions.

... no it's called good tactics/strategy decision.
#10RebelGameMasterPosted 8/16/2013 7:08:36 AM
"The revisions don't cost the company any money at this point, and by making them in the pre-launch period, there's a better chance that gamers will have forgotten them once the Xbox One is available."

Haha, this guy doesn't know gamers.
---
:)