Doesn't a remote control defeat the purpose of what Xbone does?

#21bob15xPosted 8/16/2013 1:00:38 PM
Aarkshark posted...
bob15x posted...
playing MP with your friend while having him on skype in a window could be not bad?

...Has MS ever shown this feature?
Because I remember hearing that you cannot being snap something while playing games.
And, even then, the last time I saw something "snapped" onto the screen, it was running at 5FPS.

Unless MS has severely improved/changed their OS, you'd be better off not snapping anything on and just using party/game chat.

...Party chat hasn't been "improved", has it?

http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xboxone/what-it-does

its on their main page

"Multitasking is a snap.

Why choose between two things you love when you
can do both at the same time? Xbox One lets you quickly jump from TV to a movie to a game.
And then snap them side by side to do two things
simultaneously. Music and games. Skype and
live sports. Split your screen, not your time."

http://blogs.skype.com/2013/05/22/xbox/

"Skype for Xbox One also lets you enjoy a whole new TV experience by using the new Snap feature that enables you to add a Skype video call alongside your other Xbox One activities. By saying “Xbox Snap Skype,” your voice or video call can move alongside your other Xbox One content, so you can watch a live sports or Xbox One game with a friend, even if you’re in different cities (or rooting for different teams)."

I think you have been taken in by the false information campaign from the sony defense force
#22teeebzPosted 8/16/2013 1:28:26 PM
NathanDrakeSwag posted...
We have had snap features for years. It is called the input button. We already have a tv guide. It is called the tv guide button.

The only thing Xbone would be doing is taking up extra power and you still need a cable box for those features to work.

As far as being a game system goes it is weaker and more expensive than PS4. So what is really the point of it unless you can't live without Halo and Kinect Sports?

Exclusives (halo, titanfall without pc, and hopefully others like gears and banjo)
Prefer the controller a lot more
Prefer live (more dedicated servers)
Actually curious as to what they will be able to do with kinect down the line

I will be getting ps4 for its exclusives as well.

Wasn't the ps3 more powerful than the 360?
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
#23AarksharkPosted 8/16/2013 1:34:50 PM
bob15x posted...
I think you have been taken in by the false information campaign from the sony defense force

Maybe. Still, you didn't address the "5FPS" issue, so I assume that nothing that disproves that has been released yet.

I'm also interested that Skype said you could snap with games, but MS only mentioned music and games. Maybe I'm reading too much into that.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
Common sense is actually ultra rare and must be bought from premium spectre packs to have a chance of obtaining it. -Cicero.me-
#24ImThe8thWonderPosted 8/16/2013 1:36:37 PM
The kinect is honestly just fluff. Very expensive fluff. It's meant to solve problems that weren't problems to begin with. The only reason it has become emphasized for the XB1 is because the designers thought the XB1 would have had too little luster without it.
#25HENTAIDOJIPosted 8/16/2013 1:40:35 PM
Doesn't a remote control defeat the purpose of what Xbone does?"

If it did, I don't think Samsung etc. would be sticking Kinects in their Smart TV line
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#26INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 8/16/2013 1:41:52 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Oh, okay. You're wrong.

/topic

This made me laugh.
#27Laylow12Posted 8/16/2013 1:43:46 PM
They have to make up any excuse to get you to point that KINECT 2.0 at you and your family and leave it there. They're planning on making big money off your reactions to advertisements and selling your info to third parties to enrich themselves. Then charge you for this pleasure through xbl. This comes from MICROSOFT themselves.

Source:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/04/xbox-one-built-with-advertising-in-mind-kinect-integral-to-next-gen-adverts/

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#28AarksharkPosted 8/16/2013 1:46:21 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Doesn't a remote control defeat the purpose of what Xbone does?"

If it did, I don't think Samsung etc. would be sticking Kinects in their Smart TV line

...Or, you know, they could just be trying to sell you a superfluous product to make more money.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
Common sense is actually ultra rare and must be bought from premium spectre packs to have a chance of obtaining it. -Cicero.me-
#29FaustXIIPosted 8/16/2013 5:22:41 PM
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
Because everyone knows that speaking voice commands is much faster than pressing a button of course.

</sarcasm>

Gotta feel like a god. Don't you know? Everyone wants to be worshipped and adored and feel powerful. Even if it's a pathetic hand gesture.

*gags*
#30SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 8/16/2013 6:23:20 PM
VanderZoo posted...
Voice is faster.

Yeah but unless you've got some incredibly complicated set up it's all much of muchness. Also the ultimate example of "First World Problems".
---
You're in the Torgue Zone now, baby! If you ain't made of gasoline, metal or bacon, get the F*** OUT!