So for $499 you are basically only able to play games on Xbox1

#1BruceLee1974Posted 8/16/2013 7:59:11 AM
Everything on Xbox1 is behind a paywall, so to be able to do anyhting Microsoft advertises on Xbox1 you need live, so $499 + $60 for Xbox live and that's not counting what ever games you want to buy and extra's of course.

http://gizmodo.com/the-xbox-ones-best-new-features-are-for-xbox-live-gold-1065496177

I feel sorry for those people that are gettign a XBox1 and will buy one no matter what Microsoft charges for it and all the extra's. Thye are either die hard fans or only care about LAUNCH GAMES and not the overall GAMES.
#2CinemaxPosted 8/16/2013 8:00:29 AM
Please don't feel sorry for us that wanna enjoy whatever console we like. Move along
#3Reflex-ArcPosted 8/16/2013 8:03:27 AM
What an odd thing for a videogame console to do!
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#4TheRealBigRichPosted 8/16/2013 8:03:29 AM
If your going to buy the console and your not going to play online at all I wouldn't suggest getting the Xbox one.
#5iamdanthamanPosted 8/16/2013 8:04:30 AM
Once again, what moron buys a $500 console to watch Netflix? Everyone who buys an Xbox will be getting it primarily to play games. So where is the problem?
---
All your base are belong to us
#6BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 8:04:30 AM
Cinemax posted...
Please don't feel sorry for us that wanna enjoy whatever console we like. Move along

I just think Microsoft could put everythign behind a paywall even games and some people would still buy it. They only stick to one company, why be loyal to a company when they couldn't care one bit for you.

At least Sony is trying Next gen, and Microsoft seems to be playing catch up constantly and it hasn't even started.

But why does microsoft put all these things behind a paywall and Sony doesn't ?
#7BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 8:06:21 AM
iamdanthaman posted...
Once again, what moron buys a $500 console to watch Netflix? Everyone who buys an Xbox will be getting it primarily to play games. So where is the problem?

So why is microsoft concentrating so much on TV next gen then ? Maybe they are Morons as they have put so much focus on it.
#8Exodus_PrimePosted 8/16/2013 8:11:07 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
iamdanthaman posted...

So why is microsoft concentrating so much on TV next gen then ? Maybe they are Morons as they have put so much focus on it.

So they announced the Tv features first gasp it must be an entertainment console first evil evil corporation. Anyways PS4 will have Tv features it already registered PlayStation Tv look it up on IGN the only difference is Sony didn't announce that first doesn't mean they're only for hardcore gamers right? I mean why complain about a paywall to use social media features because you know I thought they were only suppose to be for gamers. But then again this is gamefaqs and we're not allowed to use logic or reason just spew things out with our keyboards.

I will buy both like it or not.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#9ScRuiPosted 8/16/2013 8:12:58 AM
TC why did you make the topic, if whenever some one posts on it with a positive post for the Xbox ONE, you flame them?

Ooo and BTW I suggest you Google what Sony are doing with about TV... There might be something interesting to look into that was recently announced...

PlayStationTV???
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
#10INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 8/16/2013 8:15:15 AM
It can also play movies.

/thread