So for $499 you are basically only able to play games on Xbox1

#41BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 7:36:38 PM
pblimp360 posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...
I can see why this would be an issue if you were on minimum wage, thankfully I am not and I will happily pay for what I see has a great service.

And microsoft will gladly take your money with open arms.

As would ANY company with an once of common sense...Or do you think Sony and Nintendo are giving away their systems and games? Sheesh the stupidity of some trolls.

But at least Sony is offering a fair few services for FREE where every service besides single player games you basically got to pay for on the XBox1. I never used to care about this when owning a 360 as I had already gotten used to paying for Xbox live and never used all the tv crap.

But then I heard what Sony was doing offering 2 free games everymonth, but then it goes to 10 free games everymonth which is a great deal as well as online and you don't need to pay for PS+ for some of the services.

Microsoft should give people a choice instead of forcing people to buy Kinect and forcing people to buy Xbox live with all these features not a lot of people use. THey should have different pricing for it.

Also get ready for the AD onslaught that I heard Microsoft are doing on the dash board and it's integrated with kinect. I'm not sure how that works but does kinect watch you to see what you like and then put certain ads up otherwise how would it work ?
#42leftwich7Posted 8/16/2013 8:22:31 PM
What is with all the crying about ads? Its at the bottom corner of the blade. It doesn't bother me at all. I never click on it. People complain for nothing. Acting like a bunch of babies. And as far as a paywall, if you are planning to play online on both consoles then PS4 might aswell be considered as having a paywall aswell. Who the hell is going to spend $400 and $500 just to watch Hulu and Netflix? As for people praising Sony about free games, from personal experience I can honestly say that I dont really see the benefit. Most of the games I either played already, own, or have no interest in. So for me its nothing to get geeked up about. Microsoft screwed up and now trying to fix the mess. If you are not getting an XB1 gtfo. Complaining and whining like a bunch of babies just to do so is getting old.
---
Call me T.D. Jakes, because I'll lay hands on you in this Madden. All are welcome to receive this Salvation.
#43doc1369Posted 8/16/2013 8:33:52 PM
People are so easily fooled into believing they get something for nothing. It is because our brains are built to think everything bad happens to someone else. So we fall for "push put or drag trade in sales", after market warranties owned by banks and a free toy at the bottom of cereal boxes. Ignorance is bliss.
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.
#44MrImpatient35Posted 8/16/2013 8:50:05 PM
I still don't get why people say live is $60. Isn't it $50 on Amazon?
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 are already a done deal!
#45LordcrabfoodPosted 8/17/2013 12:47:48 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...
I can see why this would be an issue if you were on minimum wage, thankfully I am not and I will happily pay for what I see has a great service.

And microsoft will gladly take your money with open arms.

Like I said, $60 a year is a non-issue for me. I am paying for multi-player anyway, everything else is a bonus and I most likely will not use any of the extras like Skype, Netflix. I already have those services. MS did not disappoint me with multi-player games so I am staying with them as I know what I am getting. Video gaming is an expensive hobby, if you are going to cry over such a small amount of money, you would be better served looking elsewhere for your entertainment cause things are only going to get more expensive, from all companies.
#46Millertime660Posted 8/17/2013 1:00:55 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
I still don't get why people say live is $60. Isn't it $50 on Amazon?

ive actually gotten it for 35 dollars on amazon... 2 years in a row. Breaking the bank I tell ya
#47WMXXPosted 8/17/2013 1:16:22 AM
I dont mind them charging for online features but i do mind them charging me to use netflix When I already pay a monthly bill for that.
---
Black 2 Friend Code 1292 9469 3733
#48Millertime660Posted 8/17/2013 1:35:21 AM
WMXX posted...
I dont mind them charging for online features but i do mind them charging me to use netflix When I already pay a monthly bill for that.

you pay the monthly bill to watch the service on your computer and any device that supports it. They are not "charging you to use netflix" they view it as a gold feature. They are charging for their premium service.
#49IzecPosted 8/17/2013 1:47:22 AM
Cinemax posted...
Please don't feel sorry for us that wanna enjoy whatever console we like. Move along

Why are you people always so defensive?
---
No Text
#50Millertime660Posted 8/17/2013 1:59:35 AM
Izec posted...
Cinemax posted...
Please don't feel sorry for us that wanna enjoy whatever console we like. Move along

Why are you people always so defensive?

he wasnt being defensive. Just asking the TC to visit another forum instead of spamming this forum with stuff we dont want to discuss.

and who do you mean by you people?