When are we going to see JRPGs on the XBOX ONE again?

#11nickizgr8Posted 8/16/2013 1:56:55 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
But I don't want JRPGs I prefer the Western RPGs like Skyrim, Mass Effect, Deus Ex. Till the day comes when Final Fantasy switches from turn based fighting then I might go back to JRPGs.

PS: I love me some Kingdom Hearts.

Wow aren't you a arrogant guy.

I had no idea that the entire universe revolved around you.
#12MetroidFan9999Posted 8/16/2013 2:01:29 PM
nickizgr8 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
But I don't want JRPGs I prefer the Western RPGs like Skyrim, Mass Effect, Deus Ex. Till the day comes when Final Fantasy switches from turn based fighting then I might go back to JRPGs.

....Ummm, newsflash...it does!
---
PS4 is better than Xbox One
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#13sworderPosted 8/16/2013 2:05:23 PM
Am I the only person that thinks Skyrim sucked?

Boring ass combat, your melee is just one button doing the same move over and over and you can only use one magic at a time without pausing

LOL at calling turn based combat outdated. Sucks you guys can't handle a little strategy and prefer to button mash your way to victory. Go play Fire Emblem and educate yourselves

PS: Not that JRPGs are all turn based, just pointing out the ignorance behind it
#14Chrome76Posted 8/16/2013 2:07:35 PM
Since it will be easy to port code I don't see why it would be difficult for companies to just put in the X1 and PS4 but you should wait and see.
#15R_JackalPosted 8/16/2013 2:10:55 PM
JRPGs? Consoles? The hell is wrong with you?

Aside from the Tales series and Final Fantasy titles, the entire JRPG genre is basically on the 3DS. Consoles are mostly dead in Japan, so we don't see much of it.
#16Exodus_PrimePosted 8/16/2013 2:13:06 PM
nickizgr8 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

It's not arrogance It's confidence get it right. Second it does revolve around me in MY house :-). Apparently the butt hurt did spread more than I thought. Like I said I don't mind JRPGs like the previous poster said all of them aren't turn based but the ones I want to play are. Also remember guys opinions opinions no need to insult anyone.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#17Chrome76Posted 8/16/2013 2:23:05 PM(edited)
R_Jackal posted...
JRPGs? Consoles? The hell is wrong with you?

Aside from the Tales series and Final Fantasy titles, the entire JRPG genre is basically on the 3DS. Consoles are mostly dead in Japan, so we don't see much of it.

There is Disgaea, Atelier Meruru, Hyperdimension Neptunia, some Sega RPGs, Persona, Star Ocean and Phantasy Star that have exclusives on Playstation systems kind of. I'm not saying some in their series aren't on Nintendo but Playstation gets some exclusive JRPGs and so does Microsoft which seems to have stopped.
#18PorungaPosted 8/16/2013 2:39:46 PM
TC, your question implies that we have seen JRPGs on the xbo before.. and we have not.

To answer the question you meant to ask, I don't think we will.

The JRPG genre has largely died in America. There have been a few titles released, mostly on hand held systems, but those have been steeped heavily in the anime style. Most American players are no longer interested in that.

Looking back, most of the truly great JRPGs of the past were not "anime" style games. They may have anime like qualities, but the art, characters, and (when voice acted) voices were not stereotypical anime like they are now.

On top of this, the play style of JRPGs are to the point where they cannot win. Make it too different, and fans complain that it doesn't play like a JRPG. Make it the same as it was, and they complain that the game play is stale and unoriginal.

Until they can move away from the anime style and back to something more unique, AND find a game play style that will please the majority of fans, the JRPG gene will stay effectively dead. In America anyway.
#19Ironman06Posted 8/16/2013 6:22:53 PM
I hope never
#20XenobowPosted 8/17/2013 4:20:47 AM
Porunga posted...
TC, your question implies that we have seen JRPGs on the xbo before.. and we have not.

To answer the question you meant to ask, I don't think we will.

The JRPG genre has largely died in America. There have been a few titles released, mostly on hand held systems, but those have been steeped heavily in the anime style. Most American players are no longer interested in that.

Looking back, most of the truly great JRPGs of the past were not "anime" style games. They may have anime like qualities, but the art, characters, and (when voice acted) voices were not stereotypical anime like they are now.

On top of this, the play style of JRPGs are to the point where they cannot win. Make it too different, and fans complain that it doesn't play like a JRPG. Make it the same as it was, and they complain that the game play is stale and unoriginal.

Until they can move away from the anime style and back to something more unique, AND find a game play style that will please the majority of fans, the JRPG gene will stay effectively dead. In America anyway.

Not only America.