Why pay when I can have it for free?

#1lilj812Posted 8/16/2013 9:40:04 AM
I see a lot of posting... people seem to think that complaining about a paywall is stupid. So... lets review for the 10000th time.

I can pay Xbox for access to Netflix, or get it free with Playstation... I can pay to access Hulu on netflix, but do it free on PS4. I can pay Xbox to record footage of myself playing, or do it for free on PS4. You get where I'm going with this.

So, my question to this board is, why on earth would I pay more money for something that I can get for free? Not to mention that PS+ basically shovels games at you, newer GOOD games at that.

What benefits does Xbox Live give over Playstation+ to justify the extra cost? Slightly better server stability?
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#2ElPolloDiablo87Posted 8/16/2013 9:42:31 AM
I would never consider getting either console without their online gaming services, and I'm sure there are a lot of people like me. So to me it really doesn't matter. Add to that the fact that I have 3 other devices that get netflix hooked up to the same TV and it really becomes a complete non-issue.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#3lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 9:44:21 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
I would never consider getting either console without their online gaming services, and I'm sure there are a lot of people like me. So to me it really doesn't matter. Add to that the fact that I have 3 other devices that get netflix hooked up to the same TV and it really becomes a complete non-issue.

Well, what about paying less, having all the same things, and get a TON of free games on top of it?
---
#4METALINGUS5150Posted 8/16/2013 9:45:00 AM
No one is gonna buy the Xbox One soley for media.
Even though that's what microsoft wants.
The paywall is the reason.
The people who buy it to play games don't care.
#5lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 9:46:01 AM
METALINGUS5150 posted...

Right, so shouldn't you go with the service that is giving away lots of free games with no end in sight?
---
#6ElPolloDiablo87Posted 8/16/2013 9:46:28 AM
lilj812 posted...

Well, what about paying less, having all the same things, and get a TON of free games on top of it?

How do you pay less? I have never in my 8 years of having XBL payed more than $50. XBL is always $50 on Amazon, and you can usually find deals for $30-$35 before you have to renew. And you don't get free games on PS+, you pay for access to a rental library.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#7GambitbuzzkillPosted 8/16/2013 9:47:33 AM
lilj812 posted...
I see a lot of posting... people seem to think that complaining about a paywall is stupid. So... lets review for the 10000th time.

I can pay Xbox for access to Netflix, or get it free with Playstation... I can pay to access Hulu on netflix, but do it free on PS4. I can pay Xbox to record footage of myself playing, or do it for free on PS4. You get where I'm going with this.

So, my question to this board is, why on earth would I pay more money for something that I can get for free? Not to mention that PS+ basically shovels games at you, newer GOOD games at that.

What benefits does Xbox Live give over Playstation+ to justify the extra cost? Slightly better server stability?

Why pay for any of these TV apps when I get it for free on my Smart TV or my laptop, plus PS+ doesn't give you new games they give older games. I pay for XBL cause I'm paying for multiplayer nothing more nothing less, I have no plans to Skype with anyone nor use the DVR feature for games.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#8lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 9:49:03 AM
lilj812 posted...

How do you pay less? I have never in my 8 years of having XBL payed more than $50. XBL is always $50 on Amazon, and you can usually find deals for $30-$35 before you have to renew. And you don't get free games on PS+, you pay for access to a rental library.

Yea, they are rental, that doesn't really matter though, because you get SOOO many of them, right? Especially if you think of them as glorified super demos lol. Besides, I'm going off retail price, people can find PS+ for cheaper too I'm sure, maybe. I dunno, never owned a PS3 lol.

Still, objectively, if you are a gamer, shouldn't you go to where the most games are?
---
#9lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 9:50:19 AM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
lilj812 posted...

Why pay for any of these TV apps when I get it for free on my Smart TV or my laptop, plus PS+ doesn't give you new games they give older games. I pay for XBL cause I'm paying for multiplayer nothing more nothing less, I have no plans to Skype with anyone nor use the DVR feature for games.

I can dig it, if it's just for multiplayer, then.... why pay more? You can get multiplayer for CHEAPER on the PS+.

Do you guys see where I'm going with this? What advantage does Xbox Live have over PS+?
---
#10MetroidFan9999Posted 8/16/2013 9:50:59 AM
METALINGUS5150 posted...

Ummm...

Let's step back, there are many people out there who are heavy gamers, just not interested in the whole "online multiplayer" spiel.

I complain about this specifically for THOSE gamers, because I am one of them. I don't have xbox live and I only have PS+ for the deals.
---
PS4 is better than Xbox One
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif