What makes XBL a superior service, besides the fact that it didn't get hacked?

#61SonyPonyTonyPosted 8/16/2013 1:44:50 PM
lilj812 posted...
snowboard340 posted...
lilj812 posted...
Satchmo25 posted...
lilj you're lying, there's no way someone can be as misinformed about phishing and ignorant about the difference between that and hacking as you. You never worked for MS so stop with the bull.

Stream Global, Beaverton Oregon. Look it up.

Also, Xbox telling everyone that they gathered all the information from outside sources is a lie. I've talked to customers who set up email accounts and what not specifically for use just with xbox, and they do that for all of their accounts, and even THEY got hit. Older adults with no one in the house and no computer even, they didn't even have COMPUTERS, they got hit. I was THERE when those calls were flooding in, I was there when the policy changes for Tier 1 were made to try and prevent this, and nothing seemed to have work. I eventually quit because call center work isn't for me. But in those 4 months that issue was NOT resolved.

Sure, we believe you buddy.

Also, I worked at NASA. 2101 NASA Pkwy, Houston, TX 77058. Look it up.

Don't have to believe me, doesn't make what I said any less accurate. :)

I'm not telling you jack kid, you sound like the type to stalk and obsesss. I really don't care if you believe me, me working for them is a fact and what happened there happened, its' true :)
#62TrickyPonyPosted 8/16/2013 1:47:10 PM
snowboard340 posted...
lilj812 posted...
Satchmo25 posted...
lilj you're lying, there's no way someone can be as misinformed about phishing and ignorant about the difference between that and hacking as you. You never worked for MS so stop with the bull.

Also, Xbox telling everyone that they gathered all the information from outside sources is a lie. I've talked to customers who set up email accounts and what not specifically for use just with xbox, and they do that for all of their accounts, and even THEY got hit. Older adults with no one in the house and no computer even, they didn't even have COMPUTERS, they got hit. I was THERE when those calls were flooding in, I was there when the policy changes for Tier 1 were made to try and prevent this, and nothing seemed to have work. I eventually quit because call center work isn't for me. But in those 4 months that issue was NOT resolved.

I met you before do you remember I invited you to dinner at the white house? I'm the POTUS, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, look it up
#63Webmaster4531Posted 8/16/2013 1:47:25 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
lilj812 posted...
snowboard340 posted...
lilj812 posted...
Satchmo25 posted...

Don't have to believe me, doesn't make what I said any less accurate. :)

I'm not telling you jack kid, you sound like the type to stalk and obsesss. I really don't care if you believe me, me working for them is a fact and what happened there happened, its' true :)

I'm not going back to check if you quoted wrong but are you snowboard?
---
Ad Hominem.
#64SonyPonyTonyPosted 8/16/2013 1:55:39 PM
^nope
#65FustmonkeyPosted 8/16/2013 3:48:10 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Fustmonkey posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Thought those servers were owned by EA,

What does that matter?

which is why you had to pay them to use it.

I'm not following you.

So they don't have anything to do with XBL, really. Topic's about why XBL is good, remember?

He said dedicated servers, I assumed he meant we were talking about Xbox One considering we're on the Xbox One board. The dedicated servers that are available to all MP games are dynamic, which is a great benefit for the developer, and that can also mean that the gamers benefit by servers that are running for longer (not get shut down) and in regions that may not have normally had dedicated servers. It also means there could be reduced ping by using dedicated servers that are closer to us, since they can pop up and disappear anywhere MS deems necessary.

The Titanfall developers explain it well, and explain what it means to them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F8kI_kWIMk

I actually can't watch that link where I am, but hopefully that's the podcast link where they're talking about the dedicated servers (they say "maybe it will be a hit in Japan, because they like big robots... so suddenly we need a lot of servers in Japan" or something like that).

I'm talking about the server side of Cloud, I'm not going to argue for the cloud processing until I see some proof of benefits.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"