Is XBONE a derogatory to for the XB1?

#11Ironman06Posted 8/16/2013 9:47:16 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
LaggingRed posted...
I've always thought it was cuz I when I hear it all I think of is "the xbox one is BONED!"

Yep. It's this gen's "Xbot"!

Well, Xbot is referring to the people who liked Xbox. Xbone is the actual console.

And if I might add, it's the dumbest derogatory name for something I've ever seen. Pretty much as bad as "Sony pony." Overall, just lame.

Sony Pony is a better name. You can tell them to go back to their stable, or to go eat some oats, or to go to the vet when they say something stupid.
#12DamnEvilDogPosted 8/16/2013 9:52:00 PM
I never understood why it is used, you have two words Xbox One so it would be "XO" or "Xone" or what not, in terms of this console it is not X-box it is Xbox.

People tend to use it to troll, it's sad.
#13ssj954vegitoPosted 8/17/2013 12:09:03 AM(edited)
XBONE=XbWon
(Ex-bwuh-n)

Everyone is just saying it won is all.
---
Proud to be EPic.
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins?
#14GunningSoulPosted 8/17/2013 12:11:16 AM
It all boils down to penis envy.
---
The things of me? Well I am tolding you;
I have turned into very funny, ha ha ha!!
#15Orange_ApplesPosted 8/17/2013 1:28:22 AM
Think of it more like the console's common name.

I used it when I was supporting the XB1. However, the XB1 isn't the xbone anymore so I don't use it.

For me the Xbone is what we saw at the reveal and E3. After the 180s though it has become a very bland console with no personality unworthy of the Xbone name.

I understand why people use it. It isn't derogatory, it is a fun common name.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#16nb003_99Posted 8/17/2013 1:53:13 AM
XBoners is.

Boners
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#17TreasureHunterGPosted 8/20/2013 3:34:47 PM
vgsrule posted...
it's a legitimate shortening of the name.

---
http://i.imgur.com/4oPKFbf.jpg
#18Demon_AckerPosted 8/20/2013 3:38:25 PM
Ironman06 posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
LaggingRed posted...
I've always thought it was cuz I when I hear it all I think of is "the xbox one is BONED!"

Yep. It's this gen's "Xbot"!

Well, Xbot is referring to the people who liked Xbox. Xbone is the actual console.

And if I might add, it's the dumbest derogatory name for something I've ever seen. Pretty much as bad as "Sony pony." Overall, just lame.

Sony Pony is a better name. You can tell them to go back to their stable, or to go eat some oats, or to go to the vet when they say something stupid.

That's weak lol
And Xboners might be derogatory, but not XBone.

XB
XB360
XB One
#19BudWisenheimerPosted 8/20/2013 3:39:46 PM
I don't find it derogatory at all. Xbone! I like the way the name sounds unless it's pronounced by one of the kids on Gametrailers with a hipster accent. Although it'll probably give way eventually to just "Xbox" because of voice commands.
#20LICKWIDPAlNPosted 8/20/2013 3:49:07 PM
XBone is the correct abbreviation per mechanics of the English language.

#dealwithit
---
PS3 / 3DS / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync!