Trying to understand this. MS is getting rid of Points in favor of real currency

#11ElPolloDiablo87Posted 8/16/2013 1:26:07 PM
vgsrule posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
I don't agree with any time limitations, but points are a sleazy way to make extra money. A lot of people don't stop to think about how smaller values like 80 MSP or 120 MSP is actually worth in real currency, so they end up making more microtransactions. At least with real currency, the user should be always completely aware of what they're spending.

I can't fault MS for people being stupid.

It can be annoying at first, but seriously, it's simple math, should take 5 minutes to memorize all the common point values.

You don't even have to memorize it. You just need to know how to divide by 8. And honestly, if you can't divide by 8 you should be in school and not buying video games.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#12jenekiPosted 8/16/2013 3:30:48 PM(edited)
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
You don't even have to memorize it. You just need to know how to divide by 8. And honestly, if you can't divide by 8 you should be in school and not buying video games.

Divide by 8? As in 80msp = 10 cents? or, $1.00 = 12.5msp?

Now, I could see divide by 80 to convert points to dollars.
---
Raizing. Psikyo. Toaplan.
#13ElPolloDiablo87Posted 8/16/2013 4:56:15 PM
jeneki posted...

Divide by 8? As in 80msp = 10 cents? or, $1.00 = 12.5msp?

Now, I could see divide by 80 to convert points to dollars.

Something costs 320 points. 32/8 is 4. Technically you're dividing by 80, but just cut of the zeroes and divide by 8.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#14ImThe8thWonderPosted 8/16/2013 4:59:29 PM
vgsrule posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
I don't agree with any time limitations, but points are a sleazy way to make extra money. A lot of people don't stop to think about how smaller values like 80 MSP or 120 MSP is actually worth in real currency, so they end up making more microtransactions. At least with real currency, the user should be always completely aware of what they're spending.

It can be annoying at first, but seriously, it's simple math, should take 5 minutes to memorize all the common point values.

You think the average person really cares enough to sit there and do division? A lot of people would rather lose some money than do math when trying to relax after a hard day.
#15SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 8/16/2013 5:24:47 PM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Well for one...they are absolutely pointless.

I c wat u did thar
---
You're in the Torgue Zone now, baby! If you ain't made of gasoline, metal or bacon, get the F*** OUT!
#16SilentS89Posted 8/16/2013 5:46:03 PM

You don't have to defend the points. Microsoft is dropping them.
#17rincewind1990Posted 8/16/2013 11:33:35 PM
I thought that the points you currently have will be converted and those won't expire but any points added after the switch over will expire?
#18jakisthePosted 8/16/2013 11:34:55 PM
Nah, they'll switch over to a currency of lesser or much lesser value.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#19GotTruthPosted 8/17/2013 12:00:18 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
vgsrule posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...

You think the average person really cares enough to sit there and do division? A lot of people would rather lose some money than do math when trying to relax after a hard day.

And the deserve to be taken advantage of. Do want to be ripped off or scammed? Be SMART. Be INFORMED. Be EDUCATED. Ignorance is not an excuse. LAZINESS is NOT an excuse. Division by 8 is GRADE SCHOOL math. It is only hard(even after a HARD day at work) to those who BARELY made it out of Secondary School. As for the Tax argument a few posts up. With the points your ONLY taxed the ONE time on the points you bought. NOW you will be taxed on EVERY micro transaction. So technically, you were both right.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#20_SCOTSLADPosted 8/17/2013 12:12:58 AM
GotTruth posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
vgsrule posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...

And the deserve to be taken advantage of. Do want to be ripped off or scammed? Be SMART. Be INFORMED. Be EDUCATED. Ignorance is not an excuse. LAZINESS is NOT an excuse. Division by 8 is GRADE SCHOOL math. It is only hard(even after a HARD day at work) to those who BARELY made it out of Secondary School. As for the Tax argument a few posts up. With the points your ONLY taxed the ONE time on the points you bought. NOW you will be taxed on EVERY micro transaction. So technically, you were both right.

I have dyscalculia, I struggle with your math its not easy for me it confuses the **** out of me.

Do I deserve to be taken advantage of ?
---
"I just heard a *FUMP* sound, like that of a billion fanboy heads exploding in unison."