So, why do you guys insult people buying a different console than you?

#11embrandedonePosted 8/16/2013 2:55:04 PM
Cuz we got insulted first and the sad thing, most of us owned a 360.

Derp!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#12BudWisenheimerPosted 8/16/2013 3:07:14 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
People are drawn to the drama. It's the reason why sports fans fight about their favorite teams.

And why political parties fight over their teams. And why religious people fight over their favorite teams. etc. etc.

#13BudWisenheimerPosted 8/16/2013 3:08:29 PM
embrandedone posted...
Cuz we got insulted first and the sad thing, most of us owned a 360.

Derp!

Right. Basically the reverse of this generation just prior to launch.

#14Webmaster4531Posted 8/16/2013 3:12:55 PM
CyhortI82 posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
I did call some people ignorant back when the DRM was in full effect. Objectively loosing consumer rights for no benefits is ignorant.

Family sharing and instant game switching after install for physical copies were the benefits.

On topic, stuff like that is why I tend to get annoyed at the "Sony Ponies". They actively promote lies or half truths to try and build this stupid image that MS was/is trying to "screw people" and other inflammatory little sayings that are designed to get people to react emotionally so they don't bother trying to find out the facts of what they're talking about. I

So many people sincerely doubted the Family Sharing. Do you think publishers really wouldn't mind Microsoft giving away games?

Isn't instant game switching still a feature? I may be wrong but when I read that I thought of the multitasking options.
---
Ad Hominem.
#15md22mdrxPosted 8/16/2013 3:28:57 PM
Serious curiosity about why someone would trust Microsoft after all the stunts they pulled.
#16regsantotomasPosted 8/16/2013 3:50:49 PM(edited)
Anonymity combined with an open forum with little perceived actual consequence for action certainly doesn't help. You combine that with fanatical insecurities and you have the mess you see on this and other board.

For myself, I find getting ruffled up either genuinely or more likely disingenuously over video games to be rather absurd
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#17elchris79Posted 8/16/2013 3:48:29 PM
Speaking as someone with a PS4 pre-order, it infuriates me when badly educated children think 'lolololol, xbone, sure that'll be funny, lololol'. It isn't, it just makes you sound like a child. And will diminish any valid reasoned thoughts people have on the consoles, they'll be drowned in a deluge of fanboyism from both sides.
#18_Elite_Bushido_Posted 8/16/2013 3:50:09 PM
because they have nothing else important in their life then to say a inanimate object is better than another
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#19DamnEvilDogPosted 8/16/2013 3:52:15 PM
I struggle with trying to understand this my self, exclusives do not matter to me, and most of us are going to be playing the same games so who bloody cares?

PS3 usally had worse multiplats, but people that were gamers did not care if games ran a bit worse or had less textures, they just enjoyed the games, the difference between the Xbox One and PS4 will be some FPS dips, I am not gonna care about the PS4, I am gonna care if the game is good or not.

I can only think that most people who are here posting and making dumb polls so they and their troll buddies can vote on are just plain dumb, I dunno what else to call it.... everyone should just enjoy the damn games, it is what a game console is for right?
#20Webmaster4531Posted 8/16/2013 3:52:30 PM
regsantotomas posted...
Anonymity combined with an open forum with little perceived actual consequence for action certainly doesn't help. You combine that with fanatical insecurities and you have the mess you see on this and other board.

For myself, I find getting ruffled up either genuinely or more likely disingenuously over video games is rather absurd

It's not absurd at all. The Microsoft DRM doing well would have farther reaching consequences like the greater likelihood of Windows becoming a closed platform like Macs. That would have meant no steam and much harder to get freeware.

I try to stay away from slippery slope but I feel this would have been very possible.
---
Ad Hominem.