Dragon Age Inquisition combat video

#1ElPolloDiablo87Posted 8/16/2013 2:34:29 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/08/16/combat-of-dragon-age-inquisition.aspx

It honestly looks like they're taking the action-based combat even further than in DA2, which is definitely not what I want to see. They need to return to their DA:O roots and not go further from that. Bioware is on thin ice with me after their last two game releases and I honestly can't say that the stuff I've seen about Inquisition is reassuring.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#2Evel138Posted 8/16/2013 2:43:26 PM
Can't wait. That sorceress they cut to a few times had me hyped.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#3Bikes-Posted 8/16/2013 3:01:25 PM
Does it depress anyone else that the devs are using 360 controllers on their pcs for a series that was supposed to be like old PC games. And their entire description sounded more like a hack and slash (same with the footage) than a tactical party game.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#4Evel138Posted 8/16/2013 3:04:48 PM
Bikes- posted...
Does it depress anyone else that the devs are using 360 controllers on their pcs for a series that was supposed to be like old PC games. And their entire description sounded more like a hack and slash (same with the footage) than a tactical party game.

/worldstiniestviolin

I thought the original DA played just fine with a controller tbqh.
---
#5RedEnsignPosted 8/16/2013 3:09:05 PM
Bikes- posted...

What did you expect? The Bioware that made Dragon Age and Mass Effect is no more. All of those people who made great games are gone. You now have a bunch of Mythic left-overs and interns making the new Bioware games. EA can throw the Bioware logo on as many new releases as they want but that logo isn't going to turn a turd into a diamond.
---
GameFAQS. The world wide leader in intellectual gaming conversation................SAID NO ONE EVER!!!!
#6Bikes-Posted 8/16/2013 3:13:16 PM(edited)
Evel138 posted...
Bikes- posted...

/worldstiniestviolin

I've only seen gameplay of Xbox's version of 2 and it seems like they redid the interface heavily there to compensate. As said, it's mostly just that they're missing the point, and yet they for some reason compared themselves to games that seem to get it.

Had anyone showed me that gameplay without context I would of never guess it was dragon age related.
---
#7Evel138Posted 8/16/2013 3:16:37 PM
Bikes- posted...
Evel138 posted...
Bikes- posted...

/worldstiniestviolin

I've only seen gameplay of Xbox's version of 2 and it seems like they redid the interface heavily there to compensate. As said, it's mostly just that they're missing the point, especially when they're naming other games that are trying to do that now (and probably going to do a much better job at it)

Had anyone showed me that gameplay without context I would of never guess it was dragon age related.

They changed 2 not to "compensate" for the controls (I thought the ability wheel was quite intuitive and worked well for strategic gameplay)...DA2 was changed to streamline the gameplay (which surprise surprise....the internet pissed and moaned about).
---
#8EnclavePosted 8/16/2013 3:20:54 PM(edited)
Ugh, well, looks like I won't be playing Dragon Age 3. If I want real time action based combat I play Witcher, not Dragon Age. The industry needs to get its head out of its ass, real time action isn't the solution to freakin' everything.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#9Bikes-Posted 8/16/2013 3:21:47 PM
Evel138 posted...
Bikes- posted...
Evel138 posted...
Bikes- posted...

/worldstiniestviolin

I've only seen gameplay of Xbox's version of 2 and it seems like they redid the interface heavily there to compensate. As said, it's mostly just that they're missing the point, especially when they're naming other games that are trying to do that now (and probably going to do a much better job at it)

They changed 2 not to "compensate" for the controls (I thought the ability wheel was quite intuitive and worked well for strategic gameplay)...DA2 was changed to streamline the gameplay (which surprise surprise....the internet pissed and moaned about).

I'm comparing Da2 PC vs Xbox, not Da:O vs Da2.
That being said, Da2 was dreadful for many reasons, the interface wasn't really one of them though (minus the whole not being able to zoom out as far thing)
---
#10snowboard340Posted 8/16/2013 4:10:49 PM
Ugh, well, looks like I won't be playing Dragon Age 3. If I want real time action based combat I play Witcher, not Dragon Age. The industry needs to get its head out of its ass, real time action isn't the solution to freakin' everything.

Dragon age has always been real time, with the ability to pause to set characters to do what you want...