Dragon Age Inquisition combat video

#11EnclavePosted 8/16/2013 3:16:16 PM
snowboard340 posted...
Ugh, well, looks like I won't be playing Dragon Age 3. If I want real time action based combat I play Witcher, not Dragon Age. The industry needs to get its head out of its ass, real time action isn't the solution to freakin' everything.

Dragon age has always been real time, with the ability to pause to set characters to do what you want...

Did you watch that video? Much more focus on real time positioning and attacking than you ever saw in the first game.

The first game harkened back to cRPGs of old, had a bit of an Infinity Engine (which was also real time with pause) feel to it. This new combat would not have such a feel in the slightest. Just too much of a departure.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#12zerooo0Posted 8/16/2013 3:18:24 PM
I just need to see some more gameplay to decide if I can cross it off my list.

The Witcher 3 has my complete attention so far so it should be easy for Inquisition to impress me with something. My expectations are so low for that game that is probably a good thing for it to be so low.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#13whatnow12012Posted 8/16/2013 11:23:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#14DamnEvilDogPosted 8/17/2013 2:35:51 AM
whatnow12012 posted...
I been researching this game for 2+ Years now since FEB 2012, Also this game is on ALL CONSOLES NOT NEXT EXCLUSIVE.

But unsure how saves will work on X1 or PS4 versions of the game.

I have also uncovered Squad Mates I have found 6 this leaves 4 MORE, there will be a Squad of 10. MORRIGAN ISNT A SQUAD MATE BUT SHE DOES HAVE A ROLE, she is MORE HUMAN than Origins version

If you are wondering about her NEW LOOK, keep in mind it has BEEN 10 YEARS since Origins.

Also the new Squadmates ALTHOUGH COULD CHANGE KEEP IN MIND GAME WILL NOT BE OUT FOR 16 MONTHs - DORIAN, SERA, THE IRON BULL, CASSANDRA, VIVIENE, CULLEN, There was another but I fogot his name I think he was in the Novel called ASUNDER.

The Events going on in the game is known as THE HARROWING such as the TEARING OF THE SKIES. REMEMBER MORRIGANS WORDS "A CHANGE IS COMING

Also based on what I have uncovered The Original Warden IS BACK this is why SAVES ARE NEEDED although the MC IS KNOWN AS THE INQUISTOR is the main MC, Our Original Warden comes back to Save the CAC at the Beginning of the game.

I found Screen Shots that Showed IN GAME DIALOGUE options - Quiet Wench, Warden How Far to ORLAIS, LET THEM MAKE THE 1ST MOVE - This Suggest they Run into a Group of Baddies Maybe Darkspawn or Something elese. I didnt Uncover that Part yet.

My guess is that Dragon Age 3 uses Modified Frostbite 2 on Current Gen while on Next Gen uses FULL FROST BITE 3.

Also Mike Laidaw Director for the game Confirmed via Twitter the game is on ALL CONSOLES he said he wanted everyone to play THE GAME.

Also He said they had LONG TERM PLANS FOR THE FRANCHISE.

ALSO THE WARDENS HAVE A BIG ROLE AND SO DO THE QUANARI,

Also I have uncovered CASSANDRA ATTACKING THE WARDEN FORTRESS OF WHIESSUP IN ORLAIS

Gonna bump this topic by quoting this post (thank you btw)

I know many people hated DA2 and I understand, but I loved it as I do the first game so I am really looking forward to playing this in the next gen.

Nice to see a topic about a game AND one that gave me info, nice change of pace ^^
#152ndAtomiskPosted 8/17/2013 3:13:23 AM
whatnow12012 posted...
I been researching this game for 2+ Years now since FEB 2012, Also this game is on ALL CONSOLES NOT NEXT EXCLUSIVE.

I have also uncovered Squad Mates I have found 6 this leaves 4 MORE, there will be a Squad of 10. MORRIGAN ISNT A SQUAD MATE BUT SHE DOES HAVE A ROLE, she is MORE HUMAN than Origins version

If you are wondering about her NEW LOOK, keep in mind it has BEEN 10 YEARS since Origins.

Also the new Squadmates ALTHOUGH COULD CHANGE KEEP IN MIND GAME WILL NOT BE OUT FOR 16 MONTHs - DORIAN, SERA, THE IRON BULL, CASSANDRA, VIVIENE, CULLEN, There was another but I fogot his name I think he was in the Novel called ASUNDER.

The Events going on in the game is known as THE HARROWING such as the TEARING OF THE SKIES. REMEMBER MORRIGANS WORDS "A CHANGE IS COMING

Also based on what I have uncovered The Original Warden IS BACK this is why SAVES ARE NEEDED although the MC IS KNOWN AS THE INQUISTOR is the main MC, Our Original Warden comes back to Save the CAC at the Beginning of the game.

I found Screen Shots that Showed IN GAME DIALOGUE options - Quiet Wench, Warden How Far to ORLAIS, LET THEM MAKE THE 1ST MOVE - This Suggest they Run into a Group of Baddies Maybe Darkspawn or Something elese. I didnt Uncover that Part yet.

My guess is that Dragon Age 3 uses Modified Frostbite 2 on Current Gen while on Next Gen uses FULL FROST BITE 3.

Also Mike Laidaw Director for the game Confirmed via Twitter the game is on ALL CONSOLES he said he wanted everyone to play THE GAME.

Also I have uncovered CASSANDRA ATTACKING THE WARDEN FORTRESS OF WHIESSUP IN ORLAIS

Can you provide links?
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#16SoulTrapperPosted 8/17/2013 3:14:34 AM
I feared this would happen when they said they were going after the skyrim audience.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#17whatnow12012Posted 8/17/2013 6:49:06 AM
#18TheM00dPosted 8/17/2013 6:53:37 AM
2ndAtomisk posted...
whatnow12012 posted...

Can you provide links?

That's too much work.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG
#19TimeOfTheDarkPosted 8/17/2013 7:05:33 AM
You can fool me once, BiowarEA, but not twice. Sorry, this looks like crap. You can't say "WE LISTENED TO DA FANS" and then make something that is pretty much the opposite of what they want. There was so much potential with Origins, and instead of tweaking the few things it needed, you went off in a completely different direction.

Face it, BiowarEA are trying to make Dragon Age: Skyrim, and if I wanted Skyrim. I would just go play Skyrim.

I should probably never buy an EA game again. **** them.
#20whatnow12012Posted 8/18/2013 4:47:31 PM