Xbox One...you gotta have an Xbox One on day one, huh?

#1SaxonPosted 8/16/2013 2:35:59 PM
How will you be able to afford one at launch? - Results (242 votes)
Use half of your rent money to buy it, then hope you don't get evicted
2.89% (7 votes)
Use your monthly grocery allowance to buy it, then learn to starve
5.79% (14 votes)
Steal it somehow
9.09% (22 votes)
None of the these 'cause you're not a poor gamer that has to make sacrifices
82.23% (199 votes)
This poll is now closed.
vote
#2JeffandhisbanjoPosted 8/16/2013 8:54:13 PM
Bump for the thieves
#3MrImpatient35Posted 8/16/2013 8:57:27 PM
You forgot to put Credit Card as an option. People have those right? lmao
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 are already a done deal!
#4TinyTim123Posted 8/16/2013 9:00:52 PM
Student loans FTW!
=D

Actually though, if I really want it,. I will just save the money ahead of time.
I am unconvinced I will buy one at launch. I remember the XBox360 and the plague of Red Rings.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#5MrImpatient35Posted 8/16/2013 9:05:09 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
Student loans FTW!
=D

Actually though, if I really want it,. I will just save the money ahead of time.
I am unconvinced I will buy one at launch. I remember the XBox360 and the plague of Red Rings.

Nobody should worry about RRoD. The same team that design X360 Slim designed X1, so you know it will have vents and be very cool. Also, the blu-ray drive doesn't need to spin since games have to be installed, so you don't need to worry about heat from that either. This has been talked about a lot. I even have an article about it if you need proof: http://bgr.com/2013/05/24/microsoft-xbox-one-red-ring-of-death/
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 are already a done deal!
#6TinyTim123Posted 8/16/2013 9:14:32 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
TinyTim123 posted...
Student loans FTW!
=D

Nobody should worry about RRoD. The same team that design X360 Slim designed X1, so you know it will have vents and be very cool. Also, the blu-ray drive doesn't need to spin since games have to be installed, so you don't need to worry about heat from that either. This has been talked about a lot. I even have an article about it if you need proof: http://bgr.com/2013/05/24/microsoft-xbox-one-red-ring-of-death/

I still may not get it at launch. Just because overheating may not be an issue this time around, there is a whole lot to this One, and I may still wait and see rather than pay $179 for an out of warranty fix for a generalized problem yet again. Although they did refund my money... eventually, which was nice of Microsoft.
Of course, there's nothing on the PS4 at all that makes me want it, so there's that too.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#7SilentS89Posted 8/16/2013 9:15:40 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
You forgot to put Credit Card as an option. People have those right? lmao

That falls under option 3.
#8Saxon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 9:54:06 PM
Wow! This poll seems to suggest most of you are the elite 1% of Americans who don't have to make tough financial choices by constantly juggling wants and needs carefully like most of the poor people.

#9stimshady08Posted 8/16/2013 11:32:47 PM
Saxon posted...
Wow! This poll seems to suggest most of you are the elite 1% of Americans who don't have to make tough financial choices by constantly juggling wants and needs carefully like most of the poor people.

Not really lol. Someone with an average job should easily be able to save $600 to get a system at launch day. We've known about them for 6 months before launch day and had an idea they were coming long before that.
#10FustmonkeyPosted 8/16/2013 11:47:46 PM
stimshady08 posted...
Saxon posted...

Not really lol. Someone with an average job should easily be able to save $600 to get a system at launch day. We've known about them for 6 months before launch day and had an idea they were coming long before that.

And realistically life happens regardless of how much we plan.

$600 more on a car down payment will help with monthly payments in the future.
$600 will pay for that unexpected car repair.
$600 will pay for that security deposit when you get your first apartment.
$600 will pay off the mods to not mod me for saying Saxon: Joke Account.
$600 will pay for the car seat, the crib, and your books this semester.
$600 will help pay for that credit card debt which has your neck under a boot.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"