Is Killer Instinct download only or retail too?

#1DerekRossPosted 8/17/2013 12:54:04 AM
so???
#2Millertime660Posted 8/17/2013 1:05:57 AM
not sure they have released that info.... i think it will be download only though!
#3Orange_ApplesPosted 8/17/2013 1:12:10 AM
If you get the Day One XBL Gold card you get the free version of KI which includes the character Jago.
(Or is it just have an active XBLGold subscription?)
To get more characters you buy them from the Marketplace.

There will also be a disk based retail version that has all launch characters.

It only makes sense that you can also buy the full version of the game from the marketplace as well.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#4pblimp360Posted 8/17/2013 7:13:28 AM
^ You get KI free no matter which system you buy. It's quasi-FTP. And it's the full game, even with online capabilities. But as you said, you only get Jago.

You can then either pay for individual characters for a set price, or buy the full game at $60. A solid deal imho.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#5ItIsOkBroPosted 8/17/2013 7:21:09 AM
I just don't know if the full $60 game will be physical.
---
I'm wrong for the right.
#6ElPolloDiablo87Posted 8/17/2013 7:27:19 AM
Orange_Apples posted...
If you get the Day One XBL Gold card you get the free version of KI which includes the character Jago.
(Or is it just have an active XBLGold subscription?)

Day One XBL card gives you the exclusive Shadow Jago skin. Everyone can download KI for free.

The KI wiki shows that it will be digital-only, and that Jago's practice mode, story mode and online mode (even against other characters) will be free. You will be able to purchase other fighters
individually or all together in one pack. No specific pricing information has been released yet.

http://killerinstinct.wikia.com/wiki/Killer_Instinct_(Xbox_One)
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA