In 2015 do you think Xbox One will still be called a Spy Box among other things?

#1Orange_ApplesPosted 8/17/2013 12:09:07 AM
80/80

DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying it is an NSA box or anything of that manner. Now that Kinect is no longer required that is pretty much a non issue.

The reason I ask is because that initial impression is a hard one to get over. For many years the PS3 had to suffer the claim that "PS3 has no games" because the initial impression was "games on PS3 are crap." I'm willing to bet that even though PS3 has many highly acclaimed exclusives, there are those who will continue to wave the "PS3 has no games" banner. I think there are a few here who have argued that PS3 games are still crap.

The first impression made by Xbox One was one not a well received one.
24-hour check in
no used games
NSA Spy Box One
Cable Box One
just to name a few aspects.

We know they aren't true, but that is because we are the people who keep up with video game news and read up on the Xbox One on a daily basis.

Some of my IRL friends still think the console doesn't support used games. Two of them I've spoken to were surprised, but it wasn't changing their purchasing decision. One was getting both anyway and the other is sticking with PS4 because most of our friends are planning on getting PS4 (the $100 cheaper is a big factor for her). My friend who is just getting the PS4, I spoke to her about it 2 weeks ago.

Even though the used games stuff is old news to us, it is something that hadn't even crossed her radar. I think once used games start showing up on shelves for Xbox One people will start to get the idea, but how long do you think it will take for Xbox One to get over some of the other misconceptions it faces? (I just named a few, so if you think of another feel free to let everyone know).
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#2AtomicMenacePosted 8/17/2013 12:24:00 AM
Once they pass SOPA 3.0 everything will be a spy box. #dealwithit
#3Millertime660Posted 8/17/2013 1:01:59 AM
Orange_Apples posted...
80/80

DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying it is an NSA box or anything of that manner. Now that Kinect is no longer required that is pretty much a non issue.

The reason I ask is because that initial impression is a hard one to get over. For many years the PS3 had to suffer the claim that "PS3 has no games" because the initial impression was "games on PS3 are crap." I'm willing to bet that even though PS3 has many highly acclaimed exclusives, there are those who will continue to wave the "PS3 has no games" banner. I think there are a few here who have argued that PS3 games are still crap.

The first impression made by Xbox One was one not a well received one.
24-hour check in
no used games
NSA Spy Box One
Cable Box One
just to name a few aspects.

We know they aren't true, but that is because we are the people who keep up with video game news and read up on the Xbox One on a daily basis.

Some of my IRL friends still think the console doesn't support used games. Two of them I've spoken to were surprised, but it wasn't changing their purchasing decision. One was getting both anyway and the other is sticking with PS4 because most of our friends are planning on getting PS4 (the $100 cheaper is a big factor for her). My friend who is just getting the PS4, I spoke to her about it 2 weeks ago.

Even though the used games stuff is old news to us, it is something that hadn't even crossed her radar. I think once used games start showing up on shelves for Xbox One people will start to get the idea, but how long do you think it will take for Xbox One to get over some of the other misconceptions it faces? (I just named a few, so if you think of another feel free to let everyone know).

I think the internet needs to spread the word more honestly.... and people like us with the actual info. Everyone will eventually get it after gamescom