true next gen! Xbone to support 4k gaming, PS4 will not

#51triple sPosted 8/18/2013 8:06:57 AM
It would only be used in simple arcade games if that.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#52_DevilBob_Posted 8/18/2013 8:35:09 AM
You guys are delusional idiots. A 60 fps game running in 4k would be a textureless cardboard mess with no bells or whistles. Keep dreaming that the x1 which is barely a mid-range pc spec machine could do this. But, hey don't be afraid to dream a little bigger, eh, my darlings?
---
That silence you hear is the sound of my eyes rolling.
#53Mr_MestophelesPosted 8/18/2013 8:39:56 AM
4k is going to flop harder than 3d. 3d was trying to get shoved down out throats and look what happened. It's dead. No one cares about it. Good luck playing your 4k games folks. I bet you see only a handful over the entire span of the console's life. And you are gonna upgrade to a new tv for a format that has almost ZERO content? Mmmmmmm'kay...................have fun with that.......
---
Eat a Richard, you Streisand lover.
#54doc1369Posted 8/18/2013 8:42:24 AM
Two questions.

What TV do you own?

When was the last time your eyes were checked?
---
If you believe that Jesus wants 100% compensation proudly put this in your sig.
#55NumenorPosted 8/18/2013 1:09:14 PM
4K games do not need to be 100GB in size. The reason 4K MOVIES are that size is their video is already rendered, ie: ALL the frames that make up the video are ALREADY saved in the file.

Games will be a bit different in that the frames are created through the game's algorithms dynamically, not statically stored in a file for recall later. What this means is that the game only needs to save the algorithm being used to generate the images, and then the parameter files that determine the look of what's being made with the algorithm. This is ORDERS smaller in storage size than the pure video file you get with movies.

HOWEVER, 4K video is still more than 4x the data being shown on the screen than 1080p has. So the bottleneck is in processing power for the algorithm to use, and in the ability to store the frames when being played on the TV.

Neither the PS4 or the XBone have that processing power available to display dynamic 4K gameplay. MS stating that they have no limits on the XBone being able to do it does NOT mean that the console's hardware CAN do it.
---
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. - Gandalf
#56Jello743Posted 8/18/2013 1:46:30 PM(edited)
I hate having to end this thread, I really do.

It does support 4K, now I know you can't comprehend the idea just yet, but let me explain it.

There will not be any 4K AAA games on either console. Simple as that. BUT, I wouldn't be surprised if the 4K games on the One would be something that is not graphic intensive like a Pac-Man game or something of that essence.

Let me make that clear, because people on this site are idiots and can't comprehend anything.

There will not be any 4K AAA games. There would only end up being 4K games that are 2D, and have low textures. I hope people can understand that idea.

Also, don't bring up this article to defend you:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7120/some-quick-gaming-numbers-at-4k-max-settings

If you got past first grade reading, you should be able to read the url. It says gaming-numbers-at-4k-max-settings. They tested the game at max settings. That's why it took 4 TITANS to get 60fps.

Also, Sony doesn't support 4K games, it does however support 4K videos. Microsoft can do both.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/23/4359788/xbox-one-3d-4k-content-support

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/21/ps4-will-output-video-in-4k-but-not-games/
#57cpcjlc3Posted 8/18/2013 1:57:05 PM
When a crane is stress tested, it has to lift 5x what it will be rated at. The chances of the crane lifting 5x it's rating on a daily basis and not failing? Not very likely. The Xbox One can support 4k resolution. The chances of seeing games with 4k resolution? Not very likely. Just because something can do something doesn't make is feasible that it will.

For purposes of disclosure: This is coming from a Xbox One day one owner by the way.
#58NewMoonShadowPosted 8/18/2013 2:09:37 PM(edited)
HENTAIDOJI posted...
_DevilBob_ posted...
You guys realize that if X1 ran a game at 4K it would be nearly barren graphics wise, right? There is no way those specs could handle a triple-A game running at 4k. Could it do a simple tetris style game with light 3d elements at 30 fps. MAYBE, but fanboys with dreams of Halo 5 running at 4k and 60 fps are complete idiots.

Halo 5 is 60fps and Xbox One outputs to 4k as confirmed above.

The console can display 4K+the console plays games=/= the console plays games at 4K.

The console can play movies at 4K, just like PS4 can.

MicroSoft is just being intentionally vague about what XBox One can and can't do to make people go wild and hype it up for them. Just like they are with the Cloud, really.

Meanwhile Sony is coming out and saying exactly what will and won't run at 4K.
#59OZ_ArchangelPosted 8/18/2013 2:32:39 PM
Odds are at this rate MS will do a backflip and say the console now plays 720p movies and games only. Oh nooooooooz MS have done it again look out Sony its 720p all these backflips from a company that promised so much features of their consoles which are now scrapped they just listening to us guyz the love us fans
---
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great
#60zephirrainesPosted 8/18/2013 2:43:13 PM
OZ_Archangel posted...
Odds are at this rate MS will do a backflip and say the console now plays 720p movies and games only. Oh nooooooooz MS have done it again look out Sony its 720p all these backflips from a company that promised so much features of their consoles which are now scrapped they just listening to us guyz the love us fans

They removed features people were complaining about.... Only morons think listening to consumers is a bad thing. In this case its totally good news even if it is just fluff. Truth is that we don't know but this is just another thing the Xbox1 can do that the ps4 can't.

At least the ps4 finally got party chat and facebook. Score.