Are Gamers the cheapest people out there?

#51AjidoMarujidoPosted 8/19/2013 1:23:29 AM
Gamers are cheap? In comparison to who?

Personally, I've spent several thousand dollars in games, several thousand dollars in systems, several thousand dollars in gaming PC components, and a pretty decent amount in accessories.

If you actually think that the XBL complaints are about the price, then you're not really paying attention.
---
[[Currently Playing]] -- Replaying all Ace Attorney games (DS), Tales of Xillia (PS3)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]
#52jammiesPosted 8/19/2013 2:59:29 AM
SaintFC_ posted...
It's not about affordability, it's about principle.

Youtube shouldn't be behind a paywall, neither should the net browser. They are free literally everywhere else, yet MS just want you to buy Gold so they stick them behind one.

Please explain why it's ok to have Youtube and a net browser behind a paywall?

Anyone who supports this move, please try to justify this as I genuinely don't understand.

Even worse is Netflix, since that's a service you pay for that they want another paid service to use on their device.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#53dearestnightPosted 8/19/2013 3:15:31 AM
NateRose89 posted...
Dev445 posted...
NateRose89 posted...
LordAlistair posted...
NateRose89 posted...
I just spent $2400 dollars on an unopened boxed Earthbound. Does that sound cheap to you?

No, but it does sound like you got ripped off.

Unopened is key word. Try finding an unopened copy. Food luck.

Why would you pay that much for it though? Was it something you just had to have?

Collector. Trying to collect the complete library of every console. It's my quest. My wife is a collector too so I don't get in trouble for buying expensive games :)

You have no idea how much I envy you right now. Mine would run me down in her car for that. I wish I was exaggerating. I'm fairly positive it would happen.