Very cool Ryse tech demonstration

#11BigAl519Posted 8/18/2013 6:41:12 AM
knightimex posted...
Ryse looks decent.

About all it has going for it "looks". Everything else about it makes it look like a pathetic waste of development.
---
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!
#12knightimexPosted 8/18/2013 6:59:55 AM(edited)
BigAl519 posted...
knightimex posted...
Ryse looks decent.

About all it has going for it "looks". Everything else about it makes it look like a pathetic waste of development.

A bit harsh, care to defend?
If you say a single thing about QTE your points instantly become invalid.
---
Next gen (Wii U, XB1, PS4) FTW!!!!
#13BigAl519Posted 8/18/2013 7:05:21 AM(edited)
knightimex posted...
BigAl519 posted...
knightimex posted...
Ryse looks decent.

A bit harsh, care to defend?
If you say a single thing about QTE your points instantly become invalid.

Haha so QTE is suddenly a godsend then? How you xbots flipflop on things. Well lets just add the clunky slow combat and rail mechanics to the crapsandwich as well then. Its a modified Kinect game and it really shows. This thing wont manage anything above a 5/10.
---
#14knightimexPosted 8/18/2013 8:25:38 AM
Slow combat = cinema style.
Rail mechanics = Arcade like.

So it's a cinematic arcade game.

I don't see the problem here.
---
Next gen (Wii U, XB1, PS4) FTW!!!!
#15CyhortI82Posted 8/18/2013 8:26:48 AM
Enclave posted...
CyberneticRat posted...
Yeah, screw this unreleased unfinished game that I've never played before that I've only seen one person play on easy mode for 10 mins. It's obviously trash.

What we saw of the game is what Microsoft wanted us to see, what they thought would get us the most excited and wanting to buy the game. That doesn't speak well for the game considering what we saw was pretty pathetic. Sure the game was pretty but it's gameplay seemed absolutely terrible, may as well have just played itself. But what do you expect from a game that was originally meant to be a Kinect game?

Actually it was what Crytek wanted us to see. And they explained several times that it was on easy mode. If you watched any of the people playing at Comic con the game definitely didn't "play itself".
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I love DLC :) Story>gameplay>>>graphics.
#166speednissanPosted 8/18/2013 8:33:39 AM
CyhortI82 posted...
Enclave posted...
CyberneticRat posted...
Yeah, screw this unreleased unfinished game that I've never played before that I've only seen one person play on easy mode for 10 mins. It's obviously trash.

What we saw of the game is what Microsoft wanted us to see, what they thought would get us the most excited and wanting to buy the game. That doesn't speak well for the game considering what we saw was pretty pathetic. Sure the game was pretty but it's gameplay seemed absolutely terrible, may as well have just played itself. But what do you expect from a game that was originally meant to be a Kinect game?

Actually it was what Crytek wanted us to see. And they explained several times that it was on easy mode. If you watched any of the people playing at Comic con the game definitely didn't "play itself".

The E3 demo on easy mode was a huge mistake. It made the game look like a slow motion button tap game like something I would play on my iPad. I would have rather seen the game in full speed and them say nothing about an easy mode.
#17CyberneticRatPosted 8/18/2013 8:48:14 AM
6speednissan posted...
CyhortI82 posted...
Enclave posted...
CyberneticRat posted...

The E3 demo on easy mode was a huge mistake. It made the game look like a slow motion button tap game like something I would play on my iPad. I would have rather seen the game in full speed and them say nothing about an easy mode.

I think watching someone struggle in a level for 10 mins wouldn't make for an entertaining press conference.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#18BigAl519Posted 8/18/2013 8:56:15 AM
knightimex posted...
Slow combat = cinema style.
Rail mechanics = Arcade like.

So it's a cinematic arcade game.

I don't see the problem here.

Man you must be the most boring attempt at a gamer on earth. Getting your gaming jollies from mashing X until the inevitable QTE arises. All this while watching your character move on his own so zero exploration and zero real control. This game makes even ET look like a blockbuster!
---
#19sworderPosted 8/18/2013 9:02:28 AM
All Crytek games are the same

Pretty graphics, garbage gameplay
#20BigAl519Posted 8/18/2013 9:06:15 AM
sworder posted...
All Crytek games are the same

Pretty graphics, garbage gameplay

Pretty much. At least Far Cry and the first Crysis allowed a bit more adventure. After that everything is just generic crap.
---