So the controller is USB chargeable?

#11ElPolloDiablo87Posted 8/18/2013 12:30:35 PM
jakethenoob posted...
$500 and you still need batteries

Are there honestly that many people who don't have a set of rechargeable AA's and a charger? Everybody has remote controls, wireless mice and keyboards, cameras, flashlights, etc. Don't most people use rechargeables for those?
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#1295_EclipsePosted 8/18/2013 12:30:43 PM
I always kept my 360 controller plugged in with no batteries in it lol.

The Ps4 controller has them built in, and I'll probably still always keep it plugged in.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#13Juvart24Posted 8/18/2013 12:50:56 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
jakethenoob posted...

Are there honestly that many people who don't have a set of rechargeable AA's and a charger? Everybody has remote controls, wireless mice and keyboards, cameras, flashlights, etc. Don't most people use rechargeables for those?

I don't only think I have that use a controller is my TV and I lost the controller for that about 8 months ago and haven't bothered to look for it since all i use it for is to play games.
---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
#146speednissanPosted 8/18/2013 12:55:08 PM
I don't mind the whole no battery pack being standard. A lot of people would rather use a USB and use the controller in wireless mode. If I want the added weight and wireless I'll buy the battery pack.
#15TinyTim123Posted 8/18/2013 1:10:13 PM
jakethenoob posted...

I have none of those things. I use a laptop, and don't wireless any mouse or keyboard for it, I do have a very nice 35mm Canon, but I buy batteries (Kodak Gold) when I plan to use it, my mag light takes D Cell batteries, and I don't use rechargeables in that either.
Regardless, I don't think it's that big a deal to buy a couple recharging kits.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#16WM_PMCPosted 8/18/2013 2:47:37 PM
I don't know a single person who owns a set of rechargeable AA batteries, except for a 360 controller.
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com
#17VanderZooPosted 8/22/2013 5:52:14 AM
jakethenoob posted...

No, they don't. I don't.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#18HitMan0420Posted 8/22/2013 5:59:59 AM
jakethenoob posted...

Apparently so. I actually prefer them over built in battery packs. When my batteries start to hold less charge from use I can just buy new ones instead of a new controller. And I can swap them out and not have to plug the controller in and wait for it to charge. I've also found that they tend to last much longer per charge than my PS3 controller does.
#19Exodus_PrimePosted 8/22/2013 6:03:22 AM
WM_PMC posted...
I don't know a single person who owns a set of rechargeable AA batteries, except for a 360 controller.

lying through the keyboard I see. I can do it too.....I don't know a single person who DOESN'T have an internet connection so I don't see what the always online deal was all about.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#20Masterchief5525Posted 8/22/2013 6:09:42 AM
Technically if you don't want to use batteries or the rechargeable battery pack you can just plug it in and use it that way.