So Next gen PS+ vs. Live is essentially

#1looselinkPosted 8/18/2013 2:51:40 PM
free games vs dedicated servers?
#2zephirrainesPosted 8/18/2013 2:53:28 PM
Games aren't free, they are leased and the real question for gamers is which one offers the superior service.

PSN was great due to its price, you know free. But its quality was definitely lower than Live. Look at downloads and updates. PS+ hopefully is better but so far we have seen that MS is investing heavily in their already superior network while Sony has just claimed they need the money to improve the network.
#3ElPolloDiablo87Posted 8/18/2013 2:54:42 PM
I think you mean free games* vs. dedicated servers**

*You have access to a rental library that you pay for and lose all access to that library when you stop paying

**If 3rd party devs spend a little more money to give everyone a better experience (fat chance). 1st party games are pretty much guaranteed dedicated though.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#4looselink(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 2:56:27 PM
zephirraines posted...
Games aren't free, they are leased and the real question for gamers is which one offers the superior service.

PSN was great due to its price, you know free. But its quality was definitely lower than Live. Look at downloads and updates. PS+ hopefully is better but so far we have seen that MS is investing heavily in their already superior network while Sony has just claimed they need the money to improve the network.

Well yeah the games aren't free but neither are the dedicated servers, both of these particular features only work for as long as you have the service.
#5tokenblackguy23Posted 8/18/2013 2:57:26 PM
PS+ is to a bottle rocket as Xbox Live is to a NASA space shuttle

I don't care about a bunch of free games I barely have time to play the ones I purchase. Xbox live IMO is smoother than PSN. How you ask? easier to connect with friends with a beautiful UI.
---
Baltimore Ravens!!!!!
#6lilj812Posted 8/18/2013 2:58:15 PM
I'll take the free games and cheaper option. How do you beat free games? If you stop paying you lose them, true, but if you buy year passes then that's not an issue.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#7zephirrainesPosted 8/18/2013 2:59:06 PM
looselink posted...
zephirraines posted...

Well yeah the games aren't free but neither are the dedicated servers, both of these particular features only work for as long as you have the service.

Thats exactly my point. The games are an additional feature but remember as of launch ps+ members get drive club lite while xbox owners get KI lite and Sparks.

Without BC all the old ps+ leased games on the ps3 are totally useless on the ps4. So what other benefit does it offer?
#8zephirrainesPosted 8/18/2013 3:02:04 PM
lilj812 posted...
I'll take the free games and cheaper option. How do you beat free games? If you stop paying you lose them, true, but if you buy year passes then that's not an issue.

Sparks, KI Lite vs Drive Club lite. If a year passes that is still an issue if you ever stop playing. Wasn't this the problem with the whole xbox1 drm, that you never own your games? Well same thing with ps+.
#9METALINGUS5150Posted 8/18/2013 3:04:32 PM
When games for the Xbone come out and they are on P2P servers, I'm going to laugh my ass off. If EVERY games has dedicated servers, you can laugh at me.
#10zephirrainesPosted 8/18/2013 3:09:05 PM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
When games for the Xbone come out and they are on P2P servers, I'm going to laugh my ass off. If EVERY games has dedicated servers, you can laugh at me.

When your ps+ autoupdate feature bricks your system because psn updates are so slow that it actually needs an autoupdate feature i will laugh at you too.

Oh wait that already happened.....