Xbone controller...

#11MicooliscoolPosted 8/19/2013 6:10:01 AM
Heracylost posted...
The controller looks very much like a Wii U pro controller. I will say the U as of now has the most comfortable controller Ive had. The 80 hour battery life is yet to be tested but only charged it once still going. The configuration is a little wonky but doesn't take much getting use-to. The Analog sticks are pretty much spot on.
See if the Xbone can do better.

I would have to agree, but you'd have to think it should be, since Microsoft spent millions on designing it.
#12SunDevil77Posted 8/19/2013 6:12:32 AM
Heracylost posted...
The controller looks very much like a Wii U pro controller. I will say the U as of now has the most comfortable controller Ive had. The 80 hour battery life is yet to be tested but only charged it once still going. The configuration is a little wonky but doesn't take much getting use-to. The Analog sticks are pretty much spot on.

The Wii U controller is essentially a skin for the 360 controller.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#13Heracylost(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 6:17:03 AM
I do like the design of the Xbones and U controller better than the PS4. It's much more ergonomic, don't know what Sony is doing with the touch pad. Even the U pad isn't that bad to play with, surprisingly light.
#14Heracylost(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 6:18:48 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Heracylost posted...

The Wii U controller is essentially a skin for the 360 controller.

They may have taken some insight form N on their new design.
#15cbc72Posted 8/19/2013 7:50:10 AM
Heracylost posted...
Complaints about the screw holes bothering gamers hands... After 20yrs of almost every console made. The screws on the bottoms of the controllers never bothered me, ever.

Screw holes on the bottom of the PS1 controller bothered me. I had to tape over them.
---
You're doing it wrong.
http://tinyurl.com/lltosb2
#16capnhowdy18Posted 8/19/2013 7:52:17 AM
Heracylost posted...
So watched the video on my 360. Complaints about the screw holes bothering gamers hands... After 20yrs of almost every console made. The screws on the bottoms of the controllers never bothered me, ever.
So what they are trying to accomplish is that you cannot fix them yourself. To make you go out and buy new ones. After all a sticky button can ruin game play. Or send them in, or whatever they have planned. That's just not right.

I'd have to say you are probably in the minority for taking apart your controller to fix it. This really would only affect a small percentage of player.
#1795_EclipsePosted 8/19/2013 7:56:21 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
And another reach for a topic to troll about.

Actually he has a good point, I hadn't even thought of it. I've had my controllers apart a number of times over the years, cleaning and fixing them.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#18Exodus_PrimePosted 8/19/2013 7:57:28 AM
I agree with a previous poster...A lot of reaching going on in this board.

And seriously you guys thought the 360 controller was heavy? Do you guys have like little five year old kid hands or something?

The only time it was remotely heavy was when the message keyboard pad was attached to it.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#19PraetorXynPosted 8/19/2013 8:09:08 AM
Micooliscool posted...
Heracylost posted...

I would have to agree, but you'd have to think it should be, since Microsoft spent millions on designing it.

The figure being touted on this board is $100 million, as if that were something to brag about.

I'll pick one up for PC because of the D-Pad, but there are definitely things I don't like about it, like the glossy plastic at the top instead of matte, etc.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#20DamnEvilDogPosted 8/19/2013 8:19:28 AM
No one knows for sure, but the screws are most likely inside the battery compartment, I dunno this does not bother me in the slightest, the new controller looks pretty damn amazing.

As for the posts about the weight of the Xbox 360 controller, really? I never really noticed a difference between the weight of the Xbox 360 pad and the PS3 one, I dunno >>;;

The PS4 pad looks about the same size as the Xbox One, I wounder if that will be an issue?