Is this what happens when you come out the same year as Sony?

#21PorungaPosted 8/19/2013 10:56:14 AM
Aone1987 posted...
Kind of my whole point Im NOT getting screwed. But, I just dont like the policies they attempted to implement. I honestly believe its only because of Sony its gone.

Maybe so.. but it was enough to beat the 360, despite being out a year less.
#22Kosmo240985Posted 8/19/2013 10:58:31 AM
Aone1987 posted...
Kind of my whole point Im NOT getting screwed. But, I just dont like the policies they attempted to implement. I honestly believe its only because of Sony its gone.

You have to understand. Sony's business strategy is short sighted (not in a bad way) but sony is known for looking at the first couple of years.

Microsoft is a very distant viewed company. with everything moving toward the digital platform (music, movies, tv shows, shopping, information etc) was very focused on getting the jump on digital gaming. hence the drm and policies.

mark my word, 5+ years down the road drm is coming back for both systems...sony just prolonged it and used that to make MS look bad.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#23NeoMonkPosted 8/19/2013 11:02:21 AM
peephole303 posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
you do realize the 360 came out BEFORE ps3...and ps3 had such a bad price/launch that it took them almost 4 years to get out of the gutter slump?

yet still came out on top? thats not a very good selling point for Microsoft

Not only that but these FBs love to brag about the first 4 years of the 360 as "It was the best selling console"
Yet the PS3 caught up in 3 years & passed them... What does that say about your mentality when you ignore how the 360 has been irrelevant since 2010

I'd much rather be the company that turned it around than the one who flamed out hah
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#24Aone1987(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 11:03:43 AM
Kosmo240985 posted...
Aone1987 posted...

You have to understand. Sony's business strategy is short sighted (not in a bad way) but sony is known for looking at the first couple of years.

Microsoft is a very distant viewed company. with everything moving toward the digital platform (music, movies, tv shows, shopping, information etc) was very focused on getting the jump on digital gaming. hence the drm and policies.

mark my word, 5+ years down the road drm is coming back for both systems...sony just prolonged it and used that to make MS look bad.

the thing is, I couldnt care less. I own every form of entertainment that I want from other devices. I dont think MS understand that I only want to play games and buy them at deals. Nothing more, maybe watch a movie or two. No music, No TV, NO sports. Its like making a car that can, let you take a bath in it, and have a microwave in it. Problem is when I get in it, Im just trying to drive to my destination. Thats all.
#25Aone1987(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 11:06:00 AM
Kosmo240985 posted...
Aone1987 posted...

msft also stop pushing games and the exclusives stop coming years ago, Its been a stagnant system.
#26NewmoonPosted 8/19/2013 11:19:46 AM
Aone1987 posted...
Have anyone came out the same year as a Playstation and won?

The ****ing Wii the last time that Sony launched a consol. </thread>
---
WWE Fantasy Name: Blings 4 Life Season 4 and 6 Gamefaqs League Champion
Former PWB Trivia '07 Champ! -Crowned by DarkRuneblade
#27Aone1987(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 11:22:05 AM
Newmoon posted...
Aone1987 posted...

correct we all consider the wii and wiiu a full fledged success.
#28NewmoonPosted 8/19/2013 11:35:57 AM
Aone1987 posted...
Newmoon posted...
Aone1987 posted...

How was the Wii not a success using almost any quantative factor it outpaces the PS3.
---
WWE Fantasy Name: Blings 4 Life Season 4 and 6 Gamefaqs League Champion
Former PWB Trivia '07 Champ! -Crowned by DarkRuneblade
#29Demon_AckerPosted 8/19/2013 11:39:24 AM
Newmoon posted...
Aone1987 posted...
Newmoon posted...
Aone1987 posted...

How was the Wii not a success using almost any quantative factor it outpaces the PS3.

The Wii was indeed a huge success. How anyone can deny that is beyond me.
#30ScreamingMidgetPosted 8/19/2013 11:41:46 AM
This is what happens when you have stupid PR guys and make garbage decisions, while Sony does everything right.