Today's answers from the IGN Ask Microsoft Anything

#101Webmaster4531Posted 8/19/2013 5:42:17 PM
BoxTheMuppet posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
BoxTheMuppet posted...
Web guy, how is xbl not a service?

You pay money and in return you get things.
I'm in the service business so I have a pretty good handle on how this works.

Because peer to peer uses the hardware you payed for and the internet connection you pay for. Xbox Live does nothing in between.

Lets say Xbox Live never existed. Instead gamespy would be giving you these exact "services" in every way right on your console. Would you still call it a service?

What it's now?
It exists and I pay for it, it's a service because they upgrade it and don't charge more. Look at xbl when it dropped and look at it now. Programmers have to get paid.

Updates to a piece of hardware's software is included with the original purchase. You get all those with silver. Just because work is put into a con doesn't make it less of a con.
---
Ad Hominem.
#102pblimp360Posted 8/19/2013 6:19:37 PM
Oh man, I go to play some games and get ready for work and look at this nonsense coming forth.

Not even gonna start quoting people left and right as I have little time or care, so I'll just state this...

This silly thought that I should empathize with those so unfortunate not to be able to or refuse to pay for Gold has to be the dumbest statement made from a gamer. Not even the Sony fanboy trolls have said something so stupid and that is saying a lot. If I'm gonna use my empathy it'll go toward starving kids in 3rd world countries, not those who have a great system in the 360, but woefully can't get online. Did you even think that s*** through?

The other thought that Live isn't a service is a close second, but clearly this Web guy had an agenda from the start with his nonsense.

Denying reality is an issue with some of you. Seek help.

*drops the mic*
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#103SamwellTarlyPosted 8/19/2013 6:28:46 PM
We don't have any games so its speculation.

No it's not! Keep deluding yourself all you want, but the mastery of devs only gets you so far. When the PS4 has much better specs, it's out of developer hands!

LOL...
#104Webmaster4531Posted 8/19/2013 6:42:52 PM
pblimp360 posted...
Oh man, I go to play some games and get ready for work and look at this nonsense coming forth.

Not even gonna start quoting people left and right as I have little time or care, so I'll just state this...

This silly thought that I should empathize with those so unfortunate not to be able to or refuse to pay for Gold has to be the dumbest statement made from a gamer. Not even the Sony fanboy trolls have said something so stupid and that is saying a lot. If I'm gonna use my empathy it'll go toward starving kids in 3rd world countries, not those who have a great system in the 360, but woefully can't get online. Did you even think that s*** through?

The other thought that Live isn't a service is a close second, but clearly this Web guy had an agenda from the start with his nonsense.

Denying reality is an issue with some of you. Seek help.

*drops the mic*

If part of that was directed at me then I never said to empathize with people who don't pay for live based on principle. Why would the need sympathy for realizing a scam is a scam? The people who need sympathy are the ones who get scammed.

Straw man.

Ad Hominem.
---
Ad Hominem.
#105BoxTheMuppetPosted 8/19/2013 6:53:27 PM
SamwellTarly posted...
We don't have any games so its speculation.

No it's not! Keep deluding yourself all you want, but the mastery of devs only gets you so far. When the PS4 has much better specs, it's out of developer hands!

LOL...

Again, skyrim on both systems.
You aren't getting a different game just slightly better graphics. Quit trying to make it out to be the difference between a tomagatchi system and a super computer.
Also, MS throws more money at devs. Deeper pockets means early and exclusive content.

Next troll step up and try your luck.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#106crucialPosted 8/19/2013 10:18:04 PM
PS4 launch line up=garbage
#107Decimator11(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 10:20:54 PM
What the **** happened to my topic?
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
#108GotTruthPosted 8/19/2013 10:53:54 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
ItIsOkBro posted...
AMAIPAF: Ask me anything I have positive answers for

Just curious, what would you ask them? Things that can be answered, because they can't answer things like a Kinect-less SKU.

Q: Why do you HATE GameStop and the entire idea of the Second Hand Market in general?
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#109RyuuHou25Posted 8/20/2013 12:35:51 AM
BoxTheMuppet posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
BoxTheMuppet posted...
ItIsOkBro posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Just curious, what would you ask them? Things that can be answered, because they can't answer things like a Kinect-less SKU.

Q1: Why is almost everything paywalled?

What a hard hitting question.
You should be a White House correspondent.

Am I the only person that has had gold from day one and it has never lapsed because 60 bucks for a year, 16 cents a day, isn't a lot of money?

You're the only one that brought money into that. I think it's you that should be the White House correspondent.

It's a fair, and extremely tough, question to answer.

You aren't a very good troll.

Back under the bridge with you. Send out someone smarter and less obvious.

What?

You ARE the only one that brought money into that! It was not mentioned until YOU brought it up.

The question was WHY everything almost everything is behind a pay wall, not the cost of the f****** pay wall.

Christ, you and pblimb here, just love fabricating anything you can just to label anyone you disagree with in the slightest about anything as a troll.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A