NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! MGSV 2015.....so far away

#11FoppePosted 8/19/2013 10:20:21 PM
Nero_DMC posted...
kill_distroy posted...
It says Fiscal year end March 2015. A long discussion was going on about this and it was concluded he meant the Fiscal Year ending March 2015, which is anywhere from April 2014-March 2015.

It doesn't make sense for a game that had 4 trailers, several gameplay videos and is coming out on this gen of consoles to be released 4 years after it's reveal. Not to mention Kojima said on twitter that the Motion capturing is done back in April - May.

So? RESIDENT Evil 5 was announced 2005 and trailers for it, but came out 2009, 4 years later

Team Fortress 2 took 9 years.
Kameo took 4 years and jumped between 3 systems.
Perfect Dark Zero took 5 years and jumped between 3 systems.
LA Noire took 7 years.
Dragon Age: Origins took 5 years.
Morrowind took 6 years.
Fallout 3 took 6 years.
Half-Life 2 took 5 years.
Shenmue took 6 years.
Starcraft 2 took 7 years.
Alan Wake took 6 years.
Gran Turismo 5 took 5 years.
Heart of Darkness took 6 years.
Prey took 11 years.
Spore took 8 years.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl took 6 years.
Darkfall Online took 8 years.
Duke Nukem Forever took 15 years.
Star Trek Online took 6 years.
Too Human took 9 years (started as a Playstation title).

Why are people surprised that some games got long developing times?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#12Nero_DMCPosted 8/19/2013 10:30:01 PM
Exactly, all those games took time. Re5 one of the most popular n sold game ever included, took 4 years plus.

People acting shocked for nothing
#13FoppePosted 8/19/2013 10:48:53 PM
And we are talking about Hideo Kojima, it's not like he is known for taking time with his game or anything...
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#14kill_distroyPosted 8/20/2013 2:14:12 AM
Foppe posted...
Nero_DMC posted...
kill_distroy posted...
It says Fiscal year end March 2015. A long discussion was going on about this and it was concluded he meant the Fiscal Year ending March 2015, which is anywhere from April 2014-March 2015.

It doesn't make sense for a game that had 4 trailers, several gameplay videos and is coming out on this gen of consoles to be released 4 years after it's reveal. Not to mention Kojima said on twitter that the Motion capturing is done back in April - May.

So? RESIDENT Evil 5 was announced 2005 and trailers for it, but came out 2009, 4 years later

Team Fortress 2 took 9 years.
Kameo took 4 years and jumped between 3 systems.
Perfect Dark Zero took 5 years and jumped between 3 systems.
LA Noire took 7 years.
Dragon Age: Origins took 5 years.
Morrowind took 6 years.
Fallout 3 took 6 years.
Half-Life 2 took 5 years.
Shenmue took 6 years.
Starcraft 2 took 7 years.
Alan Wake took 6 years.
Gran Turismo 5 took 5 years.
Heart of Darkness took 6 years.
Prey took 11 years.
Spore took 8 years.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl took 6 years.
Darkfall Online took 8 years.
Duke Nukem Forever took 15 years.
Star Trek Online took 6 years.
Too Human took 9 years (started as a Playstation title).

Why are people surprised that some games got long developing times?

My point is that it was announced in 2011. I doubt that a game announced for Xbox 360 and PS3 back in 2011 would only see the light of day in 2015. If it was, then they would have canceled the current gen versions.

I also love how each one of you is ignoring the fact that this "analyst" said fiscal year end march 2015.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#15FoppePosted 8/20/2013 2:27:19 AM
kill_distroy posted...
I also love how each one of you is ignoring the fact that this "analyst" said fiscal year end march 2015.

I'm not ignoring it, I'm saying that it exist games with long developing times.
And why would they cancel the current gen versions if the game is released in 2015?
Microsoft said that they intend to keep the 360 alive for another 5 years, and how would they do that if nobody develop games for it?
---
#16kill_distroyPosted 8/20/2013 2:38:13 AM
Foppe posted...
kill_distroy posted...

And why would they cancel the current gen versions if the game is released in 2015?
Microsoft said that they intend to keep the 360 alive for another 5 years, and how would they do that if nobody develop games for it?

It's weird because they would restrain themselves to a very old console if they wait until 2015. Also, Motion Capture was done months ago. I seriously doubt we'll have to wait for long before the game arrives.

I've expecting the game to come out before Fall 2014.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#17FoppePosted 8/20/2013 4:25:10 AM
kill_distroy posted...
Foppe posted...
kill_distroy posted...

It's weird because they would restrain themselves to a very old console if they wait until 2015. Also, Motion Capture was done months ago. I seriously doubt we'll have to wait for long before the game arrives.

I've expecting the game to come out before Fall 2014.

And the PS2 was even older when Sony continued to push games for it.
It's not without reason that some of the most hardware-pushing games are released near the end of a console's life.
---