a F2P game is not really F2P if online requires Gold

#21SilentS89Posted 8/19/2013 9:45:10 PM
Reminds me of Dynasty Warriors Empires 7 where the "volunteer troops" strategem costs gold.
#22zephirrainesPosted 8/19/2013 9:46:47 PM
"Well, if I was asked that question I would answer with "No, it not ok but Sony is still the lesser and more reasonable of two evils.""

How so? MS has had fees for online gaming since inception. Sony copies them and its okay but bad for MS to just add more features to Gold?

Way I look at it is that both companies are perfectly fine charging online. Its capitalism. Its up to consumers to stop feeling so entitled, yes i used that word, and just realize that these companies do not owe them anything. They offer a service, choose whether or not its right for you.
#23ViryuPosted 8/19/2013 9:57:56 PM
ItIsOkBro posted...
C'mon MS, change this policy too, it's crap. You can play PS4 F2P games online w/o PS+.

Let's start a s***storm about this guys and MS will see the complaints, do a 180 and walk away.

Dude, you're too spoiled by Playstation. Sure, they offer 5 AAA games absolutely for free and don't require any subscriptions, but just deal with it and enjoy having to pay for Gold to play a demo of Killer Instinct.
#24AltmadragonPosted 8/19/2013 10:07:40 PM(edited)
Nvm google is my friend :)

I can see how people would be upset to have to pay for gold in order to play like world of tanks on xb1.
Dumb move by MS, but I don't buy gold since I prefer to not play online on consoles... But you can't really call it f2p if you need gold.
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#25CyhortI82Posted 8/19/2013 10:25:51 PM
zephirraines posted...
"Well, if I was asked that question I would answer with "No, it not ok but Sony is still the lesser and more reasonable of two evils.""

How so? MS has had fees for online gaming since inception. Sony copies them and its okay but bad for MS to just add more features to Gold?

Way I look at it is that both companies are perfectly fine charging online. Its capitalism. Its up to consumers to stop feeling so entitled, yes i used that word, and just realize that these companies do not owe them anything. They offer a service, choose whether or not its right for you.

*stands and claps*
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I love DLC :) Story>gameplay>>>graphics.
#26HiddenRoarPosted 8/19/2013 10:30:16 PM
WestSdeNleVrus posted...
Even though I think Gold is a huge ripoff with the direction you're going with the topic you might as well say F2P isn't really F2P cause it requires a console, controller, and tv.....

You can say the same about any F2P games on the PC as well.
But the difference is between F2P MMOs and MMOs with monthly fees (like WoW) is that you're able to play one of them without having to resort to paying fees first before you get to play it.

Which is what their "F2P" is doing (the latter)
#27Webmaster4531Posted 8/19/2013 10:32:16 PM
zephirraines posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
"Well, if I was asked that question I would answer with "No, it not ok but Sony is still the lesser and more reasonable of two evils."

You act like they're legitimately adding features to Gold and you're implying Sony can't count them as features because they don't charge for them.

zephirraines posted...

Yes, there both fine with screwing you( to different degrees). Yes, it's capitalism. Pointless statements for you to make. You just use spin words like entitlement to attack your opponents because you can't come up with an actual argument. They don't offer a service, and I choose it's not right for me. PS+ can be called a service because they at least give you an awesome "like free" rental service with their bullcrap.
---
Ad Hominem.
#28FoppePosted 8/19/2013 10:42:29 PM
ItIsOkBro posted...
Orange_Apples posted...
wait, what game are you talking about?

Any F2P game really. Killer Instinct etc...

Killer Instinct is more like Shareware than F2P to be honest.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#29RayconPosted 8/19/2013 11:00:03 PM
zephirraines posted...
zephirraines posted...
ItIsOkBro posted...
zephirraines posted...
ItIsOkBro posted...
Why does this board support MS' greed it's so weird.

Because we are not communists...... You really think Sony is a charity or did you forget about them charging for online gaming now.

F2P games don't need PS+ gosh keep up.

But Call of Duty multiplayer does and thats okay right? Right?

Answer the question Pony.

Did you seriously just call the guy a "Pony?" What are you, 12?
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#30SaintFC_Posted 8/19/2013 11:58:59 PM
Webmaster4531 posted...
zephirraines posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
"Well, if I was asked that question I would answer with "No, it not ok but Sony is still the lesser and more reasonable of two evils."

You act like they're legitimately adding features to Gold and you're implying Sony can't count them as features because they don't charge for them.

zephirraines posted...

Yes, there both fine with screwing you( to different degrees). Yes, it's capitalism. Pointless statements for you to make. You just use spin words like entitlement to attack your opponents because you can't come up with an actual argument. They don't offer a service, and I choose it's not right for me. PS+ can be called a service because they at least give you an awesome "like free" rental service with their bullcrap.

Well said.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .