I don't get why everyone is so paranoid about the Kinect

#1PainoGamerPosted 8/19/2013 11:27:20 PM
I've seen lots of people complain about how the Kinect camera is going to "spy" on you. I don't understand what everyone is worried about, as long as you're not doing criminal activities, why should you even be worried? Are you worried that they're going to upload pictures of you guys playing CoD in your boxers with your hands covered in Cheetos dust? I don't think they are going to even care if you're doing weed in front of it. You do know millions of people will be on the Xbox right? Even if they could, they aren't going to shift through every single one to know the details of what color your carpet is. People coincidentally forget that laptops have had wireless webcams stuck in them for years, and your phones itself have GPS functions and what-not.

Why is everyone so paranoid?
---
Best game ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZhnGQXWi1U&feature
#2METALINGUS5150Posted 8/19/2013 11:29:07 PM
So only criminals should worry about their privacy?
#3AltmadragonPosted 8/19/2013 11:30:12 PM
Hmm

Wut complaints?
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#42ndAtomiskPosted 8/19/2013 11:32:02 PM
Nickelodeon's Doug is the greatest cartoon ever made.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#5HiddenRoarPosted 8/19/2013 11:32:52 PM
PainoGamer posted...
I've seen lots of people complain about how the Kinect camera is going to "spy" on you. I don't understand what everyone is worried about, as long as you're not doing criminal activities, why should you even be worried? Are you worried that they're going to upload pictures of you guys playing CoD in your boxers with your hands covered in Cheetos dust? I don't think they are going to even care if you're doing weed in front of it. You do know millions of people will be on the Xbox right? Even if they could, they aren't going to shift through every single one to know the details of what color your carpet is. People coincidentally forget that laptops have had wireless webcams stuck in them for years, and your phones itself have GPS functions and what-not.

This is where your credibility is shot.

Not all phones have GPS. Not all Laptops have a webcam.

Try again.
#6FoppePosted 8/19/2013 11:34:48 PM
Just wait and somebody will say that they put a tape in front of their laptop cam, opened it and removed the camera physically and removed the driver in Windows, how they got no cellphone, never use Google and only use Linux.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#7AltmadragonPosted 8/19/2013 11:35:50 PM
2ndAtomisk posted...
Nickelodeon's Doug is the greatest cartoon ever made.

I f******* loved that show when i was younger
---
Ha! Made you read |TJ07| i5-3570k| Asus p8z77-v| GB GTX 770 4gb sli|16gb Corsair veng| 1TB WD HDx2| 128gb Samsung ssd| XSPC Raystorm RS360 kit|
#8PainoGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 11:36:17 PM
HiddenRoar posted...
PainoGamer posted...

Try again.

Right, except that millions of them do, all over the world. Much more than the amount than the Kinects there are.
---
Best game ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZhnGQXWi1U&feature
#9AltmadragonPosted 8/19/2013 11:39:39 PM
PainoGamer posted...
HiddenRoar posted...
PainoGamer posted...

Try again.

Right, except that millions of them do, all over the world. Much more than the amount than the Kinects there are.

For every xb1 console made there's 10 government agents dedicated to watching the feed from that kinect around the clock.
---
#10Donuts_R_GoodPosted 8/19/2013 11:40:15 PM
PainoGamer posted...
I've seen lots of people complain about how the Kinect camera is going to "spy" on you. I don't understand what everyone is worried about, as long as you're not doing criminal activities, why should you even be worried?

You don't deserve your rights.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.