Should Turn 10 be worried? DriveClub framerate increase imminent

#1FISTY919Posted 8/21/2013 12:53:34 PM
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/driveclub/news/driveclub_isn_t_60fps_yet_but_evolution_still_hopes_to_reach_it_for_launch.html

it only took them 3 months to get up to half the framerate of Forza 5.

it could be 90fps by november
#2YeomanlyPosted 8/21/2013 12:56:02 PM
They can't even lock down 30fps with 1 (ONE) car on screen, no way they will hit 60fps.
#3Exodus_PrimePosted 8/21/2013 12:56:03 PM
I don't see the need to worry. DriveClub is basically an arcade driving game and will require PS+ to play it free. Forza is in a league of it's own.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#4squarex8264Posted 8/21/2013 12:59:33 PM
FISTY919 posted...
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/driveclub/news/driveclub_isn_t_60fps_yet_but_evolution_still_hopes_to_reach_it_for_launch.html

it only took them 3 months to get up to half the framerate of Forza 5.

it could be 90fps by november

Yes, because framerate improvement in games is always a linear extrapolation...
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#5levelshooterPosted 8/21/2013 1:03:08 PM
Lmao. Polyphony digital couldn't match turn 10 this gen what makes anyone think driveclub will be anywhere near forza 5
---
-Stop arguing about who is gonna win. No matter the choice you are gonna be screwed either way!!!!!
#6PixelDaemonPosted 8/21/2013 1:06:15 PM(edited)
It really depends. The company behind Driveclub has actually been known to drastically increase performance and visuals late into the games cycle. Same thing happened at the launch of PS3. They develop games differently than other studios.
---
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
#7sworderPosted 8/21/2013 1:06:22 PM
Driveclub is obviously more in competition with games like The Crew or NFS than simulation racers like Forza and GT
#8YeomanlyPosted 8/21/2013 1:10:42 PM
sworder posted...
Driveclub is obviously more in competition with games like The Crew or NFS than simulation racers like Forza and GT

Nah, those games have more than 1 car on screen and AI.

No idea who Drive Club is aiming at, those that love time trials without any obstacles?
#9BudWisenheimerPosted 8/21/2013 1:13:19 PM
This is THE game I'm looking forward to on my PS4. I have faith in the PGR guys there. Never got into Motorstorm though. Tried multiple times.
#10PixelDaemonPosted 8/21/2013 1:13:26 PM
Yeomanly posted...
sworder posted...

Nah, those games have more than 1 car on screen and AI.

No idea who Drive Club is aiming at, those that love time trials without any obstacles?

Ouch, real defensive. Read my above post. They have a track record of increasing performance and visuals before launch.

Will it reach 60 fps? Not sure, but they've done similar things in the past for titles such as Motorstorm.
---
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."