Should Turn 10 be worried? DriveClub framerate increase imminent

#11YeomanlyPosted 8/21/2013 1:15:33 PM
PixelDaemon posted...
Yeomanly posted...
sworder posted...
Driveclub is obviously more in competition with games like The Crew or NFS than simulation racers like Forza and GT

Nah, those games have more than 1 car on screen and AI.

No idea who Drive Club is aiming at, those that love time trials without any obstacles?

Ouch, real defensive. Read my above post. They have a track record of increasing performance and visuals before launch.

Will it reach 60 fps? Not sure, but they've done similar things in the past for titles such as Motorstorm.

Not defensive at all, just over 2 months till release and all we see is one car driving round a track, DLC for flat cap and pipe so we can enjoy our country drives in style.
#12sworderPosted 8/21/2013 1:16:05 PM
Yeomanly posted...

No idea who Drive Club is aiming at, those that love time trials without any obstacles?

lmao nice reassurance bro

we ain't worried about nothing
#13YeomanlyPosted 8/21/2013 1:17:37 PM
sworder posted...
Yeomanly posted...

lmao nice reassurance bro

we ain't worried about nothing

Who am I reassuring?

That is what they have shown us, not lying or making crap up, 1 car driving around the country with occasional ghosts flying by.

wrong?
#14zerooo0Posted 8/21/2013 1:23:11 PM
Even with the 60FPS the game doesn't look as good as Forza 5 does. The only game the PS4 will have that can compete against Forza(In the Racing department) is GT7 whenever that will be released.

Still baffles my mind as to why GT5 is being made for the PS3 & not at least Cross-Gen into PS4 & PS3.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#15PixelDaemonPosted 8/21/2013 1:23:35 PM
Yeomanly posted...
PixelDaemon posted...
Yeomanly posted...
sworder posted...
Driveclub is obviously more in competition with games like The Crew or NFS than simulation racers like Forza and GT

Ouch, real defensive. Read my above post. They have a track record of increasing performance and visuals before launch.

Will it reach 60 fps? Not sure, but they've done similar things in the past for titles such as Motorstorm.

Not defensive at all, just over 2 months till release and all we see is one car driving round a track, DLC for flat cap and pipe so we can enjoy our country drives in style.

Again, they've done similar things in the past. Previous Motorstorm games looked like garbage and performed like garbage during E3 and months before release. Launch drastically increased this. They don't build an incredibly polished demo slice, it's just not the way they do things. Most companies spend months making demos for tradeshows and spending a lot of resources on that. It takes much manpower and effort to make those presentations. They're called vertical slice demos, and are sometimes misleading(Aliens Colonial Marines is a prime example). They choose to spend that time on actual game development. If you look at the new videos from Gamescom the environments have improved a good margin.

Pacific Rift is almost unrecognizable compared to release when it was shown during E3. Look it up if you don't believe me.
---
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
#16YeomanlyPosted 8/21/2013 1:27:55 PM
It does look great, all I'm saying is that it's pretty with one car on screen with frame drops, they will not manage 60fps when they add 3-8 cars on screen and AI.

Unless they really are aiming at the game just being time trials against the community, so no AI or more cars then maybe 60fps.
#17PixelDaemonPosted 8/21/2013 1:32:25 PM(edited)
Yeomanly posted...
It does look great, all I'm saying is that it's pretty with one car on screen with frame drops, they will not manage 60fps when they add 3-8 cars on screen and AI.

Unless they really are aiming at the game just being time trials against the community, so no AI or more cars then maybe 60fps.

*Scratches head* I'm not sure you're understanding my point...what they're showing now is around 50 percent alpha. You....let me try and put this in perspective.

You're acting like the people who complained during the Motorstorm E3. Most of them calling out the developers for a poor showing.

Every single one of them was thoroughly proven wrong upon release. You're literally repeating history here.
---
#18YeomanlyPosted 8/21/2013 1:33:25 PM
PixelDaemon posted...
Yeomanly posted...

*Scratches head* I'm not sure you're understanding my point...what they're showing now is around 50 percent alpha. You....let me try and put this in perspective.

You're acting like the people who did during the Motorstorm E3. Most of them calling out the developers for a poor showing.

Every single one of them was thoroughly proven wrong upon release. You're literally repeating history here.

I can fully understand the Motorstorm argument with the PS3 being hard to learn at the start, this time no, I don't think we will get huge increases in performance.

True we don't know what this vertical slice is 50% or 90%, we will see soon.
#19PixelDaemonPosted 8/21/2013 1:36:41 PM
Yeomanly posted...
PixelDaemon posted...
Yeomanly posted...

You're acting like the people who did during the Motorstorm E3. Most of them calling out the developers for a poor showing.

I can fully understand the Motorstorm argument with the PS3 being hard to learn at the start, this time no, I don't think we will get huge increases in performance.

True we don't know what this vertical slice is 50% or 90%, we will see soon.

No, they've said this in the past about their dev cycle. It has nothing to do with the PS3, but rather how they develop games as an internal studio. Most create a vertical polished slice of gameplay to show off at tradeshows, they do not. Instead they focus on making the game as good as possible all the way through.

Either way I believe we're getting new direct feed footage today or soon, including that of the vs mode with multiple cars.

So there you go.
---
#20PixelDaemonPosted 8/21/2013 1:38:16 PM(edited)
Also, it's not a vertical slice, again, you're not understanding what I'm saying. They don't really do that.

The footage shown can't be 90 percent as that would be closer to beta footage. It was listed as alpha.
---