Should Turn 10 be worried? DriveClub framerate increase imminent

#416speednissanPosted 8/24/2013 11:06:51 PM
WM_PMC posted...
mrshowtime333 posted...
People, when a game is being developed frame rate isnt just something you change. You have a target framerate you set out to meet when you BEGIN making the game. You dont go from barely doing 30fps to jumping up to 60fps.

Well I guess you know more than the developers do since they said themselves that they're aiming to have the game at 60 FPS by launch.

But at what cost?
#42The_DarkwalkerPosted 8/25/2013 12:18:59 AM
The footage of DriveClub from Gamescom blows Forza 5 out of the water graphically. It's scary good.
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
PSN ID: xDARKWALKERx // Gamertag: I DarkWalker I
#43miethaPosted 8/25/2013 12:39:11 AM
Um, no. A crappy Forza would still be leagues better than Driveclub. DC just doesn't look impressive or interesting on any level.
#44NathanDrakeSwagPosted 8/25/2013 12:56:56 AM
The_Darkwalker posted...
The footage of DriveClub from Gamescom blows Forza 5 out of the water graphically. It's scary good.

QFT. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial plain and simple.
#45BrokenIcarusPosted 8/25/2013 1:26:13 AM
Nope Forza 5 will compete with Gran Turismo, not DriveClub.
#46DoukouPosted 8/25/2013 1:30:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#47JWJW99Posted 8/25/2013 4:08:15 AM
BrokenIcarus posted...
Nope Forza 5 will compete with Gran Turismo, not DriveClub.

Yeah GT from the PS3...lol
#48EnclavePosted 8/25/2013 4:33:53 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
I don't see the need to worry. DriveClub is basically an arcade driving game and will require PS+ to play it free. Forza is in a league of it's own.

Yup, the league of incomplete games that only a fool would buy.

Ugh, don't buy Forza, wait for Microsoft to release a version of the game that's actually complete! If people actually buy it then it shows Microsoft that they can release incomplete games, games that have a built in expiry date just like the DRM crap that we managed to kill.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#49YeomanlyPosted 8/25/2013 4:39:08 AM
How can these games be compared, they are different games.

Forza 5 = 1080p/60fp, simulation, loads of cars to race against, AI, collisions.

Driveclub = 1080p/30fps, 1 car, no AI

Of course a game with no other cars on screen or any form of AI is going to look prettier than a racing game.
#50axelfooley2k5Posted 8/25/2013 5:40:44 AM
Yeomanly posted...
sworder posted...
Yeomanly posted...
Nah, those games have more than 1 car on screen and AI.

No idea who Drive Club is aiming at, those that love time trials without any obstacles?

lmao nice reassurance bro

we ain't worried about nothing

Who am I reassuring?

That is what they have shown us, not lying or making crap up, 1 car driving around the country with occasional ghosts flying by.

wrong?

Who are you reassuring?
You can't be serious

Ok I will answer

You are reassuring yourself every single time you post
The posts speak for themselves
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw