Should Turn 10 be worried? DriveClub framerate increase imminent

#61PixelDaemonPosted 8/25/2013 1:17:13 PM(edited)
Yeomanly posted...
PixelDaemon posted...
Yeomanly posted...
PixelDaemon posted...
Yeomanly posted...
How can these games be compared, they are different games.

Forza 5 = 1080p/60fp, simulation, loads of cars to race against, AI, collisions.

Driveclub = 1080p/30fps, 1 car, no AI

Of course a game with no other cars on screen or any form of AI is going to look prettier than a racing game.

What are you talking about Yeo? They said just 12 cars. Why are you being so weird about this?

They only announced 12 cars today, way after I posted that. We have yet to see a video though of 12 cars and maintaining same quality they are showing with 1 car, so yet to see.

Well duh it's common sense. The fact you even posted what you did brings your deductive skills into question, not to sound rude.

What are you going to say once they do post a new video? They've been hinting at a new direct feed one for a few days now.

You can't just keep making excuses. Sooner or later you'll look like a fool, and no one will take you seriously.

Why keep doing this to yourself? :/

Then we shall see when the video appears of 12 cars, we have enough videos of 1 car to compare when they do eventually show it, gaffers have been asking for video of real cars all day and still no response.

All they've shown so far is improvement after improvement. This isn't some vaporware, unproven, unknown indie developer. Evolution has made many racing games in the past, and they have a track recording of significantly improving them by launch... not their first rodeo.

Doesn't seem like a wise idea to bet against them if history is any indicator.
---
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
#62YeomanlyPosted 8/25/2013 1:18:50 PM
Well I have bet against them, my choice to do so, the videos they are showing now of 1 car will not look the same when 12 cars and AI are added, my bet. We shall see soon enough, you won't sway me until I see the video.
#63PixelDaemonPosted 8/25/2013 1:27:17 PM(edited)
Yeomanly posted...
Well I have bet against them, my choice to do so, the videos they are showing now of 1 car will not look the same when 12 cars and AI are added, my bet. We shall see soon enough, you won't sway me until I see the video.

That might be the case, maybe it won't. However, going by what they've shown so far, it wouldn't be far fetched to assume it'll be improved again up until launch.

Even if they release footage and it's somehow not as good as it was a moment ago, who's to say they won't bring it back up to par? Like they've been doing the last few months? You'll just say "Look I told you so!" and then look like a fool again after it comes out. It's not wise.

Heck, maybe that's why they're taking a bit. To make sure it looks the same and performs the same as it does now with 12 cars....so people like you have no excuse to act this way:p.
---
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."