Kinect 2 Nightvision.

#1ilikehamandhaloPosted 8/21/2013 3:04:53 PM
So I was watching some Youtube Kinect 2 stuff and seen that it has nightvision built in. Any rumors out there about some game using this feature?
---
B**** if you wave then I will surf you
#2The_NightwingPosted 8/21/2013 3:06:06 PM
Yeah, it's called "NSA Be Watching Me".
#3FinzFan4lifePosted 8/21/2013 3:21:49 PM
The_Nightwing posted...

It's called unplug or here is your tin foil hat.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#4The_NightwingPosted 8/21/2013 3:26:25 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
The_Nightwing posted...

It's called unplug or here is your tin foil hat.

No thanks, I already have my tinfoil hat on.
Stop trying to rip me off!
#5IAMTH3GUYVERPosted 8/21/2013 4:02:26 PM
The_Nightwing posted...

Oh man, I hope my cell phone camera and laptop camera ain't watching me! I'm not too worried though, because ONLY Xbox would do such a thing, right?
---
"Boys screamed and girls screamed. So I made him scream, and scream, and scream..." ~ SPAWN
#6TruthAndJusticePosted 8/21/2013 7:17:57 PM
Is "tinfoil hat" still a legitimate retort, when the NSA scandal is an actual fact?
#7DeadLock25Posted 8/21/2013 8:33:08 PM(edited)
TruthAndJustice posted...
Is "tinfoil hat" still a legitimate retort, when the NSA scandal is an actual fact?

Yes since the Kinect spying on you is not.

That along with the ability to unplug it, turn it off, cover it etc. I am surprised the NSA "spycam" stupidity is still around these boards
---
GT: DeadLock25
#8CyhortI82Posted 8/21/2013 8:36:10 PM
DeadLock25 posted...

That along with the ability to unplug it, turn it off, cover it etc. I am surprised the NSA "spycam" stupidity is still around these boards

I'm not, people never let facts get in the way of bashing something they irrationally hate.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I love DLC :) Story>gameplay>>>graphics.
#9xHughJasxPosted 8/21/2013 9:30:20 PM
TC, the active IR mode is simply so the Kinect can see your body in whichever kind of light situation you have in your room. It essentially blocks out all the light sources in the room so it can still make out your eye movement or you what have you even if it's completely dark in the room or if you have a light on next to you that is shining super bright on one side of your face but making your other side completely dark. It's a really neat feature because as the Kinect 1 is right now, you need to have perfect lighting in the room for it to work "correctly".
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#10TruthAndJusticePosted 8/22/2013 6:00:45 AM
DeadLock25 posted...

I think it's even more naive to think they're not collecting data just because "they said so". Apparently they explicitly stated they weren't collecting data on us many years ago, and then the NSA scandal broke out. The fact that the Government haven't once said they're closing down the programme, I'd say it's pretty stupid to think otherwise.

And if unplugging the Kinect is the way to go, I'd be wasting that extra money on a device I'm forced to buy and won't ever use. I'll guess I'll wait for the Kinect-less SKU.