best rebuttal i've seen

#11DeadLock25Posted 8/21/2013 10:02:40 PM
Best one? I disagree. It points out some obvious things and summarizes the general feelings nicely, but its still has some misinterpretations on some aspects, a general misunderstanding of other things, hypocrisy, cherry picking and is seemingly written to take unnecessary shots at MS.

He makes claims like "MS didnt listen to gamers and SONY did" as if all the data Ms collected showed everyone was mostly offline and they went in the opposite direction while sony took surveys and actually asked gamers what they wanted, which we know simply is not true. They saw MS getting canned, and said lets take advantage of it. Its a great strategy, and doesnt make them bad, but it also doesnt mean that they are the only ones who listened to what gamers want/dont want.

He also takes a cheap shot at MS with the whole "I thought we were having a two way convo" comment seeing as the quote he was responding to is related to the tweet by sony. Instead of responding inappropriately Phil chose to essentially say "people will have their opinions about our changes and thats fine, but they can do their thing, and well do ours" referring to the tweet by SONY, yet the author of this article takes it as some sort of an indication about not wanting to respond, which is frankly completely out of context.

Also, why focus on the unveiling only to make your point about how MS is only focused on TV? Gamescom, E3 anyone? MS said they showed nothing but games at GC because the conference is game focused. They did the same with E3, and saved the TV features for their own private conference. I dont see a problem with trying to market what you have at appropriate times, and I think the authors point here is invalid and supproted by cherry picked facts. He simply does not cover all the bases and thats just some things I noticed.

Thats not to say his whole article is incorrect or inaccurate. He hits some points spot on, and is generally right about MS being out of touch with gamers with their initial plans and being pretty stupid, something that is going to cost them their reputation. There really is no excuse for what they did, especially when they had some obvious (and I assume, (but do not know) technically feasible) solutions. But this article is definitely not the best in terms of quality or straight of rebuttal, although when it comes to reflecting the general opinion of the population so far, I think it hits mostly spot on.

Also, why does he work there? Because he is good at his job. He responds to people candidly, tries to sell the console (not a plus when it comes to interviews, but its his job), and is more in tune with the community than the previous spokesperson. Or would you like Don back? Yeah, the clown comment is stupid on your part TC. It seems like you are just hating on him because of the MS logo on his paycheck.
---
GT: DeadLock25
#12SamwellTarlyPosted 8/21/2013 10:03:26 PM
Decimator11 posted...
Quiet, Lady Piggy. Go back to your books and lose some weight.

But the PS4 is the best system. I read it in a book ;)
#13CapnStankyPosted 8/21/2013 10:03:43 PM
SamwellTarly posted...
Wanna see something hilarious guys:

CapnStanky during the release of the DRM polices:

Topic title: "Guys I'm officially done with Microsoft"

Topic body: "Oh noes, I know I trolled Sony before, but at least they're not screwing us this time. I still maintain the 360 is better than PS3, but I know who I'm going with this gen. Just hope Sony doesn't screw us the same now!"

Lmao! The same back-pedalling roach like I described above!

LMAO! The old flippy floppy switcheroo.

LOL another alt of a user I got banned for trolling. Hahahahahahahaha I own your soul.
#14Decimator11Posted 8/21/2013 10:04:47 PM(edited)
SamwellTarly posted...
Decimator11 posted...
Quiet, Lady Piggy. Go back to your books and lose some weight.

But the PS4 is the best system. I read it in a book ;)

Did you also hear it in a song?
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
#15SamwellTarlyPosted 8/21/2013 10:04:39 PM
CapnStanky posted...
LOL another alt of a user I got banned for trolling. Hahahahahahahaha I own your soul.

Mmmm more tears!
#16sworderPosted 8/21/2013 10:12:29 PM
SamwellTarly posted...
Wanna see something hilarious guys:

CapnStanky during the release of the DRM polices:

Topic title: "Guys I'm officially done with Microsoft"

Topic body: "Oh noes, I know I trolled Sony before, but at least they're not screwing us this time. I still maintain the 360 is better than PS3, but I know who I'm going with this gen. Just hope Sony doesn't screw us the same now!"

Lmao! The same back-pedalling roach like I described above!

LMAO! The old flippy floppy switcheroo.

Is this true?

HAHAHAHAHA

stanky publicly crying made my night
#17RooseBoItonPosted 8/21/2013 10:13:51 PM
sworder posted...
Is this true?

HAHAHAHAHA

stanky publicly crying made my night

That is exactly what he did. Wish I'd screen-capped that now. He'll no doubt lie and say it never happened, but he absolutely did that.

We even had a friendly chat because I confused him with CaPwnD.
#18CapnStankyPosted 8/21/2013 10:18:19 PM
All the Sony fanboys tears and fears is awesome. Let's you know Microsoft is killing them, otherwise they wouldn't be here. Hahahahahaha Xbox Won.
#19grampamurkedPosted 8/21/2013 10:23:41 PM
SamwellTarly posted...
DoppleDroopy posted...
orestes1981 posted...
Phil will never respond to some article on the internet because:

A) That would legitimize those arguments.

and

B) He doesn't have answers that will satisfy anyone.

C) He's a clown.

All these. Honestly, they're just back-pedalling gutter trash. All this s*** about we don't understand their vision, get a 360 if you want offline, all that crap, and now suddenly, when the PS4 was dominating it, oooh we love our customers.

The worst of all are these absolute parasites who went with Sony after E3 because they did everything right, didn't try to screw them, then said "F*** you" as soon as MS backpedalled and 180'd, and went back to Xbox.

Gluttons for punishment, and I'm so glad these back-bone-less heathens will be on the losing side.

Pathetic.

Winning side? There are no sides. I hope you realize how idiotic you sound.
---
New user...long time lurker.
#20RooseBoItonPosted 8/21/2013 10:25:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]