So, we have microtransactions now?

#1BrutaI_DeluxePosted 8/22/2013 3:39:37 AM
http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/ryse/news/ryse_has_microtransactions.html
#2bessy67Posted 8/22/2013 3:41:16 AM(edited)
Yeah, but you can get everything in the game without spending a penny. It's just like Mass Effect 3's reinforcement packs.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3EnclavePosted 8/22/2013 3:51:02 AM(edited)
Ugh, the game is just getting worse and worse. Between this, Killer Instinct and the incomplete wonder Forza it's a wonder if there will be any games worth buying for the system at launch.

bessy67 posted...
Yeah, but you can get everything in the game without spending a penny. It's just like Mass Effect 3's reinforcement packs.

You do know those didn't go over with people very well right? When a game is trying to frustrate you into spending money to avoid frustration? That's not good game design, that's just a way to try to force you to spend money you wouldn't otherwise spend.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#4bessy67Posted 8/22/2013 3:52:08 AM
Enclave posted...
Ugh, the game is just getting worse and worse. Between this, Killer Instinct and the incomplete wonder Forza it's a wonder if there will be any games worth buying for the system at launch.

How does this make it worse? Being able to unlock new weapons and armor as you progress helps to keep the game interesting. And the microtransactions are optional.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
#5bessy67Posted 8/22/2013 3:53:09 AM
Enclave posted...
bessy67 posted...

You do know those didn't go over with people very well right? When a game is trying to frustrate you into spending money to avoid frustration? That's not good game design, that's just a way to try to force you to spend money you wouldn't otherwise spend.

It went over fine with me. ME3 is by far my most played multiplayer game.
---
#6EnclavePosted 8/22/2013 3:53:56 AM
bessy67 posted...
Enclave posted...

How does this make it worse? Being able to unlock new weapons and armor as you progress helps to keep the game interesting. And the microtransactions are optional.

Pay to win should never be acceptable.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#7bessy67Posted 8/22/2013 3:55:18 AM
Enclave posted...
bessy67 posted...
Enclave posted...

Pay to win should never be acceptable.

How is it pay to win? First, it's co-op, not competitive. Second, you can easily win in ME3 using the starter characters and weapons, and there is nothing to suggest the same won't be true in Ryse.
---
#8SirLemontPosted 8/22/2013 3:59:35 AM
bessy67 posted...
Enclave posted...

Buying unlockables takes away the feeling...and the point of progression. If there is no end game, then what's the point of continuing to play?
#9Omegachaos92Posted 8/22/2013 4:02:29 AM
If people want to spend their own earned money on the game for stuff, good for them, but I never buy any of these microtransaction items in games like this and I do just fine, and as others says for people like me that makes the game take more time because I work towards unlocking everything. Also, due to the game being Co-Op like ME3 it isn't that big of a deal since none of the stuff will be used against you.
---
GT : MoCiWe
JUS FC- 5369-6580-7874
#10bob15xPosted 8/22/2013 4:27:40 AM
Well this is what you get when you put no restrictions on used games and lending.

So, basically, shut up. Unless you want more developers to go bankrupt.