Killer Instinct to be rushed, UNFINISHED

#1MuryoPosted 8/22/2013 4:56:21 AM
Because MS wants it to be a launch game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikz5T7NboWQ

Please don't buy it, MAKE THEM release a full, solid game!

You buy it as it is, you'll tell them that it's ok to release unfinished games.
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#2bessy67Posted 8/22/2013 4:59:31 AM
What's wrong with $20 for 8 characters, or $40 for 8 characters, 2 customization DLC packs, and a port of the original? I'm actually a big fan of this pricing model.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3zerooo0Posted 8/22/2013 4:59:53 AM
$20 is worth it. Now if it was 60 then I would agree. 20 for 8 characters & 5for DLC i would rather do that than a full game
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#4CyhortI82Posted 8/22/2013 5:33:09 AM
bessy67 posted...
What's wrong with $20 for 8 characters, or $40 for 8 characters, 2 customization DLC packs, and a port of the original? I'm actually a big fan of this pricing model.

---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I love DLC :) Story>gameplay>>>graphics.
#5HypnoCooshPosted 8/22/2013 5:35:15 AM(edited)
Great first Forza and now this. 180's and unfinished games woo whoo!

Best launch eva!
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#6Muryo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 5:38:10 AM
CyhortI82 posted...
bessy67 posted...

Because if this becomes a norm, other developers will jump in the "me too" bandwagon and do the same, games at release will be in risk of becoming "starter packs", barebones products rushed to meet release date.

And it will be acceptable if we let this happen.
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#7Millertime660Posted 8/22/2013 5:43:59 AM
HypnoCoosh posted...

Best launch eva!

forza is unfinished?
#8MetroidFan9999Posted 8/22/2013 5:44:07 AM
bessy67 posted...

Because it's initially $20 for 6. Because they will only have 6 characters at launch....

That is the definition of rushed and unfinished.
---
That's just, like...your opinion, man.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#9CyhortI82Posted 8/22/2013 5:44:41 AM
Muryo posted...
CyhortI82 posted...
bessy67 posted...

Because if this becomes a norm, other developers will jump in the "me too" bandwagon and do the same, games at release will be in risk of becoming "starter packs", barebones products rushed to meet release date.

And it will be acceptable if we let this happen.

And? I have absolutely no problem with getting a stripped down free "demo" version of a game and then paying for the rest if I like it. Especially since you can pay for exactly what you want and still be able to play online with people who bought more or less or nothing at all. I'd love a CoD or Battlefield game where I could pay 20 bucks for multiplayer only and the two or three game types that I play, then later on buy the single player campaign if I hear that it's any good. It's a good model if people stick to what Killer Instinct is doing. And if they don't the games won't sell and they'll stop, just like online passes and always on DRM. Free markets are a wonderful thing.
---
#10CyhortI82Posted 8/22/2013 5:46:03 AM
Millertime660 posted...
HypnoCoosh posted...

Best launch eva!

forza is unfinished?

Only half the game is on the disc, supposedly, you need to download a free day one update to get the whole game. It's not "unfinished" any more than any game with a day one patch is "unfinished".
---