Killer Instinct to be rushed, UNFINISHED

#91roboto_pilotoPosted 8/24/2013 1:54:27 AM
loafy013 posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
I wonder why anyone pays money for partial games, "DLC" (not DLC, "DLC"), and microtransactions are really the bane of gaming right now.

Because some people have more money than brains and don't think or care about the long term effects. I thought this years ago when one of the Elder Scrolls games (I think) had cosmetic horse barding for a small additional charge. I said to myself "This can't be good if it takes off". Now look at us, microtransactions in almost every game that used to be included.

Think about older games where extra characters or costumes were unlocked by playing the game. Now, you have to shell out a few more bucks for what used to be free.

Exactly this.
---
"I guess I'm a bad man who tried to be a good father, I don't know. Every man has a right to change." ~ John Marston
#92xxnogamerxxPosted 8/24/2013 2:56:31 AM
I really dont mind this, I dont understand the huge fuss either. I remember Street Fighter had 8 characters back in the 90's . 20 bucks for 8 is reasonable imo

Most of the time these days people are using the same characters in games with larger rosters.

But, people have the right to be upset over this, just as people like me have the right to pay no mind to the situation.
#93MashYouGoodPosted 8/24/2013 4:49:44 AM
Pretty obvious this game was being cobbled together. No way the hardest genre to develop can be thrown together in a few months and do justice to its predecessors.
#94SolisPosted 8/24/2013 6:06:26 AM
Muryo posted...
CyhortI82 posted...
bessy67 posted...
What's wrong with $20 for 8 characters, or $40 for 8 characters, 2 customization DLC packs, and a port of the original? I'm actually a big fan of this pricing model.

Because if this becomes a norm, other developers will jump in the "me too" bandwagon and do the same, games at release will be in risk of becoming "starter packs", barebones products rushed to meet release date.

And it will be acceptable if we let this happen.

I don't see anything wrong with game content actually being released when it's ready and then constantly evolving and having new features implemented instead of sitting stagnant on the shelf after years.

Also, no game is ever "finished", they just run out of time to develop it. Thankfully, new distribution models allow games to grow and expand games well after they're "released", which is really the natural way that games are developed anyway (especially things like fighting games or MOBAs where characters are essentially built one after another, doesn't make much sense to not let people play the characters that were finished two years ago until another 20 are done).
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#95DrakkardnoirPosted 8/24/2013 6:12:22 AM
lmao what a joke
#96Muryo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 6:18:45 AM
Solis posted...
Muryo posted...
CyhortI82 posted...
bessy67 posted...
What's wrong with $20 for 8 characters, or $40 for 8 characters, 2 customization DLC packs, and a port of the original? I'm actually a big fan of this pricing model.

Because if this becomes a norm, other developers will jump in the "me too" bandwagon and do the same, games at release will be in risk of becoming "starter packs", barebones products rushed to meet release date.

I don't see anything wrong with game content actually being released when it's ready and then constantly evolving and having new features implemented instead of sitting stagnant on the shelf after years.

Also, no game is ever "finished", they just run out of time to develop it. Thankfully, new distribution models allow games to grow and expand games well after they're "released", which is really the natural way that games are developed anyway (especially things like fighting games or MOBAs where characters are essentially built one after another, doesn't make much sense to not let people play the characters that were finished two years ago until another 20 are done).

watch this, think it over, and let us know if you still "Don't see" the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVNbFmGWmq4
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#97nonexistingheroPosted 8/24/2013 7:23:14 AM
bessy67 posted...

Because they'll release another 8 character pack later with the same pricing. Then maybe another one. So you'll have to pay $80-$120 for the full game.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#98SolisPosted 8/24/2013 7:26:23 AM
Muryo posted...
watch this, think it over, and let us know if you still "Don't see" the problem.

Some guy blabbering in a Youtube video doesn't change facts. Especially when they're as annoying to listen to as that person is.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#99billsfanno1Posted 8/24/2013 7:33:38 AM
Solis posted...
Muryo posted...
CyhortI82 posted...
bessy67 posted...

I personally like the idea of episodic content for games. I have bought many games over the years that I paid $60 for the whole game, played it for 5-10 hours and then lost interest. Trade it in to Gamestop for $15-$20, I'm down $40 for taking a flyer on a game. With KI I can play the full game with one character for free, expand the roster for $20 if I like it, and continue buying into the franchise in coming years if I continue to enjoy it. If it's a game I'm passionate about, I'll happily pay a lot of money to keep it alive. What I hate is wasting money on games I end up disliking. Seems to me KI is getting it right.
#100DorediaPosted 8/24/2013 7:35:19 AM
Muryo posted...

Man...so much truth in this video.