Blakes Seven

#1BastichlivesPosted 8/22/2013 4:41:39 AM
I know a lot of the people on these boards wont be old enough to remember this but Microsoft are funding the production of Blakes Seven for Xbox live.
I loved this show as a kid and welcome its return.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23712001
---
Haters gonna hate.
#2IloveElitePosted 8/22/2013 4:47:56 AM(edited)
I feel totally the opposite :(

I loved Blakes 7, in fact still do, I have them all on DVD and watch it 2-3 times a year.
Great stories, superb characters. I mean come on, who doesn't like Avon, the guy is PURE cool! :D

I really didn't want it to come back, seeing how most remakes are (also seeing how abysmal the new Dr Who series have been since its come back)

Whats worse than it been remade? its being remade my americans.. I was in total dispair on reading this.. I will not watch it as I know for a fact it'll be atrocious :(
---
Currently playing: Skyrim, X3TC, Titan Quest Gold
Waiting for: Elite:Dangerous, GTA V, Diablo 3
#3Bastichlives(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 5:36:13 AM
IloveElite posted...
I feel totally the opposite :(

I loved Blakes 7, in fact still do, I have them all on DVD and watch it 2-3 times a year.
Great stories, superb characters. I mean come on, who doesn't like Avon, the guy is PURE cool! :D

I really didn't want it to come back, seeing how most remakes are (also seeing how abysmal the new Dr Who series have been since its come back)

Whats worse than it been remade? its being remade my americans.. I was in total dispair on reading this.. I will not watch it as I know for a fact it'll be atrocious :(

Although i share your nervousness to dismiss this out of hand for me would be foolish. The original as you will probably no better than me was a classic piece of british sci-fi with dodgy sets but great a great story and characters.
No remake will ever be as good as the original for me because i watched it as a child and with a childs imagination. I will still give this a go though as a small bit of that child still exists.
---
Haters gonna hate.
#4xninjagrrlPosted 8/22/2013 5:50:44 AM
Yay more Avon. I hope it's oddball and cheesy like Farscape and lexx.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#5SunDevil77Posted 8/22/2013 5:53:12 AM
IloveElite posted...

The "I hate Americans" thing is still a thing?
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539