Non Removable Hard Drive, Size, Inferior Specs still put me off buying Xbox one

#1mAtRiXrIpOfFPosted 8/22/2013 7:05:21 AM
Even if they remove the kinect bundle and price match PS4 I still put off buying one because:

If hard drive in xbox one stops spinning and dies out on me then Im screwed and have to buy a another xbox one console.

Its Big and Ugly and could be really loud.

Specs are still inferior compare to PS4. Im willing to consider accepting this if its cheaper than PS4. Inferior Specs should be cheaper for example a Porche 911 should not be more expensive than a Porche 911 Turbo. Powered by Cloud computing is useless now cause Internet is not mandatory on xbox one.
---
360 Gamertag: ahad the one
Availability: Through Xbox Live!
#2zephirrainesPosted 8/22/2013 7:10:44 AM
Power of the cell baby!
#3Joey-ZazaPosted 8/22/2013 7:11:33 AM
I used to think a lot like you TC, but then suddenely I didn't at all and I never did.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#4DemonedgePosted 8/22/2013 7:11:38 AM
You can use USB for extra storage space if you need it (say for hooking up a second Hard drive)
---
The enemy of your enemy is your friend.
#5streamjumperPosted 8/22/2013 7:17:01 AM
Demonedge posted...
You can use USB for extra storage space if you need it (say for hooking up a second Hard drive)

And 2 TB external will probably be cheaper right now than any installable drive either company would offer in the first few years of their system anyways.
---
Darwin, set the Wayback Machine...
#6Skynet82997Posted 8/22/2013 7:18:24 AM
mAtRiXrIpOfF posted...
Even if they remove the kinect bundle and price match PS4 I still put off buying one because:

If hard drive in xbox one stops spinning and dies out on me then Im screwed and have to buy a another xbox one console.

Its Big and Ugly and could be really loud.

Specs are still inferior compare to PS4. Im willing to consider accepting this if its cheaper than PS4. Inferior Specs should be cheaper for example a Porche 911 should not be more expensive than a Porche 911 Turbo. Powered by Cloud computing is useless now cause Internet is not mandatory on xbox one.

FWIW - all reports suggest the XB1 is whisper quiet.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#7mAtRiXrIpOfF(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 7:18:31 AM
Demonedge posted...

What about all the operating system files stored on the internal hard drive? The system wont function properly if the internal hard drive fails?

I understand the external hard drives, but are the external hard drives only for storing saves, music, vids, pics, games, apps etc.? External drive wont store xbox one important system files?
---
360 Gamertag: ahad the one
Availability: Through Xbox Live!
#8EoinPosted 8/22/2013 7:19:28 AM
Demonedge posted...

His specific point was that the internal hard drive can fail. An external isn't going to help with that issue.
#9Dev445Posted 8/22/2013 7:20:28 AM
Demonedge posted...

That's what I'll probably end up doing. All the games I'm getting will be digital. I already got 3 external harddrives for my Laptop. I keep Anime, Music, and Movies on them.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#10SunDevil77Posted 8/22/2013 7:23:10 AM
Well, TC, since you asked; I don't mind Burger King, but 9 times out of 10, I will choose In-N-Out Burger over anything.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539