Gamescom - Xbox One games run on Xbox One, PS4 still Windows 7 PC's?

#1FISTY919Posted 8/22/2013 12:42:43 PM
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658829

WTF?
#2RetroMUFCPosted 8/22/2013 12:45:26 PM
Lol, you think everything you've seen has been running on xbone units? Microsoft changes what goes is this console practically every day. Developers for xbone are at this point probably not even sure 100% final specs.
#3YeomanlyPosted 8/22/2013 12:48:17 PM
All games at gamescom were running on 'real' xbox ones, they are on open display with all cables connected to prove a point, and that is they are ready, sony are not.
#4Decimator11Posted 8/22/2013 12:49:05 PM
Yeomanly posted...
All games at gamescom were running on 'real' xbox ones, they are on open display with all cables connected to prove a point, and that is they are ready, sony are not.

Got any pictures and/or sources to back this up? You're not gonna get far here without proof.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
#5uptown710Posted 8/22/2013 12:49:08 PM
I don't see the problem here. NFS isn't even in alpha is it? Prob running on a dev kit.
---
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal
#6squarex8264Posted 8/22/2013 12:49:45 PM
FISTY919 posted...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658829

WTF?

I'm guessing some of the PS4 demos are probably just older builds that they didn't want to take the time and rebuild for the event. Building out demos on new SDKs can take a lot of work, and I'm sure developers on both PS4 and X1 want to take as much time as possible to get their games ready for launch.

This is actually a very common occurrence for launch titles. I was surprised it was such a big deal when people reacted negatively to some games at E3 running on devkits for X1... I'm sure there were some games running on devkits for PS4 as well.

Developing launch titles is pretty hectic work for all involved. Sometimes taking the time to update a demo is work the developer would not rather do and just focus on getting the title buttoned up. Most studios only really have about a year to a year and a half at most to get a launch title built and optimized for shifting hardware.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#7chiefofsb78Posted 8/22/2013 12:50:29 PM
Who cares what they run on it's a presentation just a show and the console won't run on windows when you get it so what's your point
---
killerinstinctonline
#8YeomanlyPosted 8/22/2013 12:50:35 PM
Decimator11 posted...
Yeomanly posted...

Got any pictures and/or sources to back this up? You're not gonna get far here without proof.

Go watch any youtube video of any game on Xbox One and you will see, must not have been watching gamescom?
#9mrshowtime333Posted 8/22/2013 12:53:40 PM
Reading through that thread is hilarious, as im sure this thread will be.

I remember at E3 when Xbox had some games running on PC and it was a HUGE DEAL according to the Sony guys. Now the shoe is on the other foot, and its "not a big deal".
#10squarex8264Posted 8/22/2013 12:54:12 PM
chiefofsb78 posted...
Who cares what they run on it's a presentation just a show and the console won't run on windows when you get it so what's your point

Well, his point was people made such a big deal at E3 when some X1 games were running on dev kits. He's just pointing out that most demos for X1 are actually running on real kits, so those games are either further along or have real, optimized demos to the actual hardware.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade