Anyone else waiting a while to pick up an XBox One?

#1SakurafanboyPosted 8/22/2013 1:44:33 PM
I was one of those people who had some rather...harsh feelings about the XBox One back in May with the stupid policies they had. I'm glad that they changed their tune for the better and made the console, to be honest, rather appealing. I don't give 2 ****s about how large a console is or how it looks in general because to me that's a rather stupid argument. How much time do you spend looking at the console in actuality?

Yes, its a behemoth but so was the first 360, the first PS3, the first PS2, etcetc. So right now I fail to see any huge negatives with it. Ok, maybe the price is a little high, but that's part of why I'm waiting -- to see if they take out the Kinect in 2014 to lower it to $399 which would definitely drive up the sales very well. I'm not much a fan of motion control gaming (I did enjoy Wii's games, but not for the motion control aspect).

I've been interested in things like Ryse: Son of Rome, Quantum Break (we may have not seen much, but I did like what I saw), etc. I do think the XBox One has been looking better and better.

I know there's a lot of conspiracy theorists going around saying "Microsoft could reintroduce the anti-consumer policies later on with updates" and to those people I have to ask: how ****ing stupid are you? Microsoft saw how much those policies put them in hot water earlier in the year and they'd be idiots to bring them back.

While I do see the PS Vita and PlayStation 4 as more important to me right now, I do see the appeal that people are seeing in the Xbox One now. I know if I just stuck with PlayStation 4 and Wii U that I'd miss out on great Microsoft exclusives down the road and I'd hate that. I've never been a fan of the console wars as people are just missing out on big titles.

So yeah anyone else going to grab an Xbox One down the road because of Microsoft making it more appealing now?
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Riku of KHIII board)
#2_MrENigma_Posted 8/22/2013 1:57:19 PM(edited)
HUGE wall of txt. So I'll just answer the question and be on my way. Seeing as I live in freakin' Sweden... I don't really have much choice but to wait. :-(
---
XBL GT. "Wile E Jaguar". 3DS FC 0688 - 6570 - 4452
www.youtube.com/NotoriouslyInfamouz