Phil Harris "XBOX ONE is KINECT" Saying "XBOX on" is a "very magical experience"

#1Laylow12Posted 8/22/2013 12:54:14 PM
Do you think saying "XBOX on" is a "very magical experience" or that "XBOX ONE is KINECT" - Results (699 votes)
YES! Saying XBOX on is a very magical experience, KINECT is XBOX ONE
20.31% (142 votes)
No! Saying XBOX on is not magical, KINECT is dragging down the XBOX ONE.
79.69% (557 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I like the fact that they're digging in their heels again on something controversial. It'll make the flip-flop all the more funny when they do release a KINECT LESS version.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamescom/microsoft-xbox-one-is-kinect-6413478/

"Xbox One is Kinect," Harrison said. "They are not separate systems. An Xbox One has chips, it has memory, it has Blu-ray, it has Kinect, it has a controller. These are all part of the platform ecosystem."

Harrison said he has an Xbox One at home right now and explained that being able to say "Xbox on" and have the system boot up and load his profile is a "very magical experience."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What corporate speak nonsense is this?
"A very magical experience"? Really?
That's what he's going with to sell this gimmick?
The thing watches you for ad revenue and this is his "PRO" for that major "CON"

What do you think?

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#2Mega WolfPosted 8/22/2013 12:56:52 PM
eh magical experience my ass.
You know once there was a time when everyone dreamed about controlling things with their voices in the future.
From movies to tv shows.

But nowadays talking like a robot to some inanimate object just doesn't appeal to me.
---
"What's with you and this "purify" thing? For some reason I doubt your knights are packing soap and bubble bath in that armour." ~Ryudo
#3MetroidFan9999Posted 8/22/2013 12:59:09 PM
Can't wait for the magic!
---
That's just, like...your opinion, man.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#4TrickyPonyPosted 8/22/2013 1:00:01 PM
I like it. I'm not that interested in using it for gaming, but I do want Kinect because it sounds cool turning it on and off with voice commands. Flipping through the dash also sounds good. I wish I didn't need to pay extra for it but if it makes my overall experience with it "magical" then I'm all for it.

Truth be told I often fall asleep with my tv and console on, I'm really digging the ability to basically keep my eyes closed as I shuffle off to bed and just command it to shut down, no having to search for my controller in a stupor
#5JeDDyDPosted 8/22/2013 1:01:04 PM
Xbox One is ________
---
"Meanwhile, inside a nearby swordfish..."
#6metroidman92Posted 8/22/2013 1:01:21 PM
It's funny, my 360 does that right now. Hold down the guide button and the 360 turns on, logs my Live profile in, and is ready to go.

And the kicker is, it's wireless.

this "magic" is nothing new, people. Don't be fooled by PR talk.
---
Xbox One: It's Good to Pay Together.
Politics... how tiresome.
#7Auction SniperPosted 8/22/2013 1:01:32 PM
I bought a Samsung smart tv with voice and gesture control, and the experinece was far from magical. i got tired of having to shout and wave at my tv, and turned off those features after a few hours.
---
You wouldn't go to a child's birthday party and start talking about blackjack and hookers, would you? - Ghost-inZeShell
#8NCPwnPosted 8/22/2013 1:02:00 PM
My name is Kunecton, this is going to be a major problem for me. Hopefully people don't spout my name around it.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#9FoppePosted 8/22/2013 1:02:48 PM
metroidman92 posted...
It's funny, my 360 does that right now. Hold down the guide button and the 360 turns on, logs my Live profile in, and is ready to go.

You mean you have to use your hands?
That's like a baby's toy...
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#10art_of_the_killPosted 8/22/2013 1:03:53 PM
This is why Sony got rid of Phil Harrison. He absolutely sucks at PR.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.