Phil Harris "XBOX ONE is KINECT" Saying "XBOX on" is a "very magical experience"

#51ShakaVPosted 8/30/2013 10:14:38 PM
lol I remember being able to shutdown my computer via voice command over a decade ago. Not exactly the same thing, but still..
#52TYWIN_LANNlSTERPosted 8/30/2013 10:16:17 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#53SaintFC_Posted 8/30/2013 10:21:26 PM
So voice activation is new now Phil? Ok.....
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .
#54ukokira1Posted 8/31/2013 1:07:41 AM(edited)
It's about as magical as clapping and having a lamp turned on.
It wears off after three times.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#55Spetsnaz420Posted 8/31/2013 1:41:49 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
I don't get why some people think this is a big deal...you still have to pick up your TV remote and change the channel as well as pick a controller to play any non Kinect games. I whole heartedly feel like Kinect is one of x1s biggest obstacles.

No you don't. Kinect has IR for that.

It's more about naturality. It's basically Jarvis from Iron Man

"Xbox activate home entertainment system, import preferences for videogame playback, chart a flight path to miami and load recent save point for Battlefield 4 Engineer class"

"Yes sir"

So you have to block the IR port to do that? Also if I'm not mistaken the Kinect hooks up to your cable boxes IR port, not the TVs.

According to the poll out of almost 500, nearly 400 people just aren't feeling the magic.
---
Prepare for involuntary rectal focused coitus
#56The_DOAMPosted 9/4/2013 5:12:03 AM
I don't even like talking to those automatic voice messaging systems everytime I call the bank or any business these days. So why would I like talking to the Xbox ONE I swear if someone gives a voice command and the Xbox reply's with a "I'm sorry can you repeat your message" or a "Say one for English, two for Spanish" that will be the end of it.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#57PsychoDrama1Posted 9/4/2013 5:24:46 AM
He is hoping people are gullible again. Which they are.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#58Sega9599Posted 9/4/2013 5:26:11 AM
Foppe posted...
metroidman92 posted...
It's funny, my 360 does that right now. Hold down the guide button and the 360 turns on, logs my Live profile in, and is ready to go.

You mean you have to use your hands?
That's like a baby's toy...

lol
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#59DEMONPANDA212Posted 9/4/2013 5:39:20 AM
Mega Wolf posted...
eh magical experience my ass.
You know once there was a time when everyone dreamed about controlling things with their voices in the future.
From movies to tv shows.

But nowadays talking like a robot to some inanimate object just doesn't appeal to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAz_UvnUeuU
---
3DS (XL) 4854-6425-2855
3DS (Zelda) 2320-6650-1378
#60PokebaldyPosted 9/4/2013 6:37:42 AM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
Mega Wolf posted...
eh magical experience my ass.
You know once there was a time when everyone dreamed about controlling things with their voices in the future.
From movies to tv shows.

But nowadays talking like a robot to some inanimate object just doesn't appeal to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAz_UvnUeuU

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, dam thats a gold. I would imagine many people in the world will have similar experiences with the Xbox HHAHAHAHHAHAHA. ELEVEN !!