Kinect Sports Rivals is why Kinect is so important (Rare with a vengeance)

#21teehee23(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 5:26:47 PM
TheSL1Club posted...
you are not being happy, you are being abnormal, normal person (no matter how much they praise this product) do not talk (or type) like you did. You sound like something direct from an ad.

Why so serious?
---
And the voice of an Angel spoke to me, that I was created righteous. And all that oppose me shall bring suffering upon themselves. Amen.
#22CaIiber345Posted 8/22/2013 5:39:56 PM
I cannot deny that the Kinect 2.0 is technologically impressive.

Unfortunately, Microsoft's attempt at capturing the magic of the Wii is pathetic and late. Motion Gaming is a gimmick for a niche audience. Core gamers drive the industry and forcing the Kinect on people that want the Xbox One console without it is a poor and clueless business model.
---
Minecraft is a game that you can really dig into.
GTA IV: Sidewalk Driving | RDR: Cougars & Dynamite | GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
#23teehee23(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 5:51:28 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
I cannot deny that the Kinect 2.0 is technologically impressive.

Unfortunately, Microsoft's attempt at capturing the magic of the Wii is pathetic and late. Motion Gaming is a gimmick for a niche audience. Core gamers drive the industry and forcing the Kinect on people that want the Xbox One console without it is a poor and clueless business model.

I disagree.
Kinect 1 sold around 26 million units and gave Microsoft an audience and customer they never would have reached without it. I suppose Microsoft believes they aren't going to lose 26 million other customers just because Kinect is included with Xbox #1.

Time will tell but we have three (3) Xbox 1's preordered and would not have if there wasn't Kinect 2.0.
See, it's already paying off for Microsoft!
---
And the voice of an Angel spoke to me, that I was created righteous. And all that oppose me shall bring suffering upon themselves. Amen.
#24DavCubePosted 8/22/2013 7:08:51 PM(edited)
teehee23 posted...
Kinect 1 sold around 26 million units and gave Microsoft an audience and customer they never would have reached without it.

Yes, but there has been only one game supported by Kinect sold for every ten Kinect units. So there have only been 2.6 million Kinect games sold. Collectively. The 360 itself has sold around 78 million. So that's approximately 3% of the entire 360 install base that has bought ANY Kinect games. That is absolutely horrid. People aren't using the Kinect for games, they're using it for the dashboard and nothing else.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#25teehee23(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 7:52:55 PM
DavCube posted...
teehee23 posted...
Kinect 1 sold around 26 million units and gave Microsoft an audience and customer they never would have reached without it.

Yes, but there has been only one game supported by Kinect sold for every ten Kinect units. So there have only been 2.6 million Kinect games sold. Collectively. The 360 itself has sold around 78 million. So that's approximately 3% of the entire 360 install base that has bought ANY Kinect games. That is absolutely horrid. People aren't using the Kinect for games, they're using it for the dashboard and nothing else.

You're incorrect.
The Kinect Sports games have sold over 6 million copies:

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/kinect_sports_season_2/news/kinect_sports_franchise_sales_over_6_million.html

.... and there are new XBLA Kinect games available every month. They wouldn't keep making them if they weren't selling.
---
#26DavCubePosted 8/23/2013 7:23:29 PM
teehee23 posted...
You're incorrect.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/kinect_sports_season_2/news/kinect_sports_franchise_sales_over_6_million.html

.... and there are new XBLA Kinect games available every month. They wouldn't keep making them if they weren't selling.

Okay, six million. 7.5% of the 360 install base. And the new Kinect games are dwarfed by the amount of non-Kinect games. The only games in the next two months with Kinect functionality are Madden and Fifa. So basically, only EA Sports is supporting a service that no one wants. Which really isn't surprising, given EA.

Are you saying that over 90% of the 360 install base must conform to Kinect?
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#27TheOmacronPosted 8/27/2013 9:07:40 AM
teehee23 posted...
Wake Racing looks amazing.
Tennis with Kinect 2.0 will be what we (Veronica and I) are expecting and demand from Next Gen.
Game play experience only possible on Xbox One with Kinect and the power of the Cloud.
The Avatar Champion Cloud feature the dev speaks of is truly revolutionary.
We're very excited after watching this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQPTt9NepMA

Wave racing looks good but that has nothing to do with the Kinect. That gameplay would be much better if controlled by a controller. Tennis might be fun but that is dependent on how accurate the Kinnect really is. Bowling might be able to duplicate the gap lay of the Wii Sports equivalent but that shouldn't be a huge selling point. Rock climbing doesn't look fun at all.

Finally the automation of avatar creation is nice, but that is not something that couldn't be done manually with a controller. However the ability to map real time player expressions to their avatar is cool.

Ultimately KSR looks like a tech demo instead of a true game with its best feature, wave racing, being artificially being limited to Kinect input when controller input would be better.
#28Jiggy101011Posted 8/27/2013 9:19:59 AM
DavCube posted...
teehee23 posted...
You're incorrect.

Okay, six million. 7.5% of the 360 install base. And the new Kinect games are dwarfed by the amount of non-Kinect games. The only games in the next two months with Kinect functionality are Madden and Fifa. So basically, only EA Sports is supporting a service that no one wants. Which really isn't surprising, given EA.

Are you saying that over 90% of the 360 install base must conform to Kinect?

What he and Veronica are saying is that by inlcuding the kinect with the xbox one Microsoft is basically able to change only a small percentage of 360 users having the add on peripheral to 100% for Xbox One users. Its hard to market the original kinect because not everyone has it, it changes the game and how the kinect will be percieved when 100% of users have one.

It forces developers not to ignore it and to implement it into every game. Unfortunatelly the backlash of the original Kinect is overshadowing the new Kinect 2.0 and what it can do. It has huge potential and now that everyone will have one it truly falls on the developer to use it in unique ways.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2
PSN ID: F1REx
#29Reflex-ArcPosted 8/27/2013 9:24:43 AM
Gotta give credit where it's due; the kid sticks to his schtick.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#30HypnoCooshPosted 8/27/2013 9:35:58 AM
Kinect = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYctLfM7ufA

Wwooooww o_o so next gen.
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~