Can Microsoft win you back over?

#1ShadowHunterHQPosted 8/22/2013 7:07:12 PM
When the X1 was first announced I was one of the many who were outraged and was ready to swear off Microsoft. Then they slowly reversed almost all the policies but that perhaps is even worse as now I don't believe Microsoft has an faith or idea on which direction it's going this generation. My love for my 360 is the only thing preventing me from fully jumping shop to SONY, but as I type this I'm wondering is Microsoft in a position where they do anything with the X1 and not come out looking worse. Are you past then point of no return with the X1?
---
You know its been a good party if there's an open container of butter lying around
Gamer Tag: Penguin Justice
#2Laylow12Posted 8/22/2013 7:13:59 PM
I want the superior game console and care not for TV, advertising or KINECT 2.0
After they tried to screw over the gamer, in so many ways, I'm done with them.
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#3FustmonkeyPosted 8/22/2013 7:15:04 PM
ShadowHunterHQ posted...
but that perhaps is even worse as now I don't believe Microsoft has an faith or idea on which direction it's going this generation.

IMO that's a pretty childish stance to take. I mean, what changed that lost their vision? DRM is just back to how it was before, we're still going to be able to buy games digitally on day one, Kinect is still shipped with every unit so developers can still develop it knowing that everybody will have one. Indie self publishing? I have a hard time believing that is affecting their vision, or the way you perceive their vision. Same with no region lock.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#4ShadowHunterHQ(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 7:19:09 PM
Fustmonkey posted...
ShadowHunterHQ posted...
but that perhaps is even worse as now I don't believe Microsoft has an faith or idea on which direction it's going this generation.

IMO that's a pretty childish stance to take. I mean, what changed that lost their vision? DRM is just back to how it was before, we're still going to be able to buy games digitally on day one, Kinect is still shipped with every unit so developers can still develop it knowing that everybody will have one. Indie self publishing? I have a hard time believing that is affecting their vision, or the way you perceive their vision. Same with no region lock.

I agree, in fact many of those are huge positives for the console. I guess my main issue was the Kinect reversal. Microsoft was dead set on making it a central feature of the console and now that it doesn't even need the damn thing it makes me question their vision for the future. Personally I'm kinda glad as I hate Kinect and I sympathize with Microsoft as I see them in a no-win scenario..damned if they do, damned if they don't
---
You know its been a good party if there's an open container of butter lying around
Gamer Tag: Penguin Justice
#5UtterMoonPosted 8/22/2013 7:22:44 PM
Enough for me to buy it on day one? No..nothing will. But I will be getting it sooner than I originally thought. Some of the exclusives do look interesting, but neither system has wowed me with them.
#6demesjos2Posted 8/22/2013 7:25:45 PM
Microsoft is in this no win situation because they created it. I am not sure how all those anti-consumer ideas got through the focus groups. They should have seen the backlash coming but they were arrogant enough to try and tell the consumer what the consumer should want. It should be the other away around. Microsoft has done this with other products and if it wasn't for the monopoly on computer OS they have they would have been bankrupt a long time ago.
---
Currently playing - SMT IV, Suikoden V, waiting on Tales of Xilia to arrive at my door
#7L96A1BOSSPosted 8/22/2013 7:28:49 PM(edited)
The fact this console still need day 1 patch to disable DRM i say HELL NO i was born more than 30 years ago this brain still work.

Plus they flip flop policies ever other week who knows what crap they pull next.
#8zepfyaPosted 8/22/2013 7:27:11 PM
Laylow12 posted...

Why are you here, if you're done with them?
#9L96A1BOSSPosted 8/22/2013 7:31:24 PM
zepfya posted...
Laylow12 posted...

Why are you here, if you're done with them?

it's entertaining watching the head less chickens kick and scream.
#10adonfrazPosted 8/22/2013 7:43:15 PM
If the games are good, then yeah.
---
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
PSN ID: Loyal_Catalyst 3DS FC: (Loyal) 0533-4535-6191